Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Down to pumping once per day...

Default Down to pumping once per day...

I feel so silly to be upset about this. I am down to pumping once per day and am sending one bottle of fresh and one frozen with Lilah... I have way too much milk in the freezer. She's going to be one on Saturday and I remember thinking that I would stop pumping the minute she turned one. Now I think I'll pump until she starts refusing it, but I'm not willing to keep adding to that freezer stash - we're using up 3 month old milk right now...

Anyway, sorry to ramble.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Default Re: Down to pumping once per day...

I remember thinking that I couldn't wait to stop pumping at 1yr. But then 1yr came and went and I held onto that one session for several months before being completely done. It felt sooooo strange to not pump. I actually think pump weaning was harder on me than completely weaning.
    I'm Wendi.
    Mom to:
    DD1 7/28/07 for 21 mos and weaned with
    &
    DD2 12/16/09

Kind of bittersweet huh?

If you are really reluctant to give up pumping, you could just donate the extra milk.

I've done it! I haven't pumped in about a week. It's bittersweet, but DD is doing fine without the EBM and I am loving not having to pump.

As you know, I had a hard time giving up pumping, but I think when you are ready you will feel like you have made the right decision.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I've donated milk in the past, but haven't found anyone recently to take my overflow. I decided to just pump what she was eating, so down to two times a day and now I'm down to one so that I can use up my freezer stash.

I have never weaned, so I'm not sure what that's like, but I could see how pump weaning would be harder. Pumping is a decision that YOU are making on your own, and weaning seems like a process that you go through together.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months