Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I thought nursing babies...

Default Re: I thought nursing babies...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*fitmama View Post
    I don't know this, and don't have any specific evidence to back it, but I SUSPECT (seems to make sense) that a baby is still just as likely to get sick if he catches something from anyone besides his mama. What I mean is, if you as the mother get sick first, then your body builds up antibodies and passes those antibodies on to your baby. But if HE gets sick and you don't, then you don't have the antibodies to pass on to him.
    My understanding is that the second baby is exposed to something an then nurses, it's like an open system. When they nurse, they are giving it to you and your antibodies start working to give right back to them.

Default Re: I thought nursing babies...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    My understanding is that the second baby is exposed to something an then nurses, it's like an open system. When they nurse, they are giving it to you and your antibodies start working to give right back to them.
    well that's cool to know
    ~Sylvia~

Wife to Nick, m. May 2005

Mommy to Gabriel (b. January 2007, 8lbs. 15oz.), nursed 18 months.

Isaac (b. August 2009, 9lbs. 1oz- naturally), nursed 22 months, through PPD/PPA and emergency gallbladder surgery.

and Corban (b. March 2012, 11lbs. 6Oz.- naturally in the water), my NICU baby, still nursing strong at age 2!

Daughter of God