Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new/ frustrated mom

Default Re: new/ frustrated mom

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    I would think that 3 ounces is a good amount for a 1 month old. My 12 month old only eats 2 ounces or so at a time from a bottle when she's at the babysitter's house.

Can you see a lactation consultant?
    You should take Jessica up on her offer to help direct you towards hands on help. I think that you could really benefit from it.

I would also say 1 oz is enough. My 14 month old will drink 4 oz. or EBM at a time while I am at work.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I don't know if this will help, but I am taking it one feeding at a time. I figure if I can get through "just one more" then I'm doing good.

i saw one when i was at the hospital and we did great while there, but at home its another story.. i dont know why but she will latch onto my breast then after a few suckles she'll pull the other way, or just let go and then try to find it again..
    the one thing i love about BF is that when she is the warmth and bonding puts her to sleep so much quicker then the bottle, which is fantastic in the middle of the night.. IF she stays on it.
    Mother of the Ultracute

09-18-09

I'm going to PM you some contact info!!

I'm not sure your pump is helping you any, it would be cheaper to invest in a Ameda or Medela double electric than formula!
    Lansinoh makes a version of the Ameda Purely yours for around $100 - I know some moms have found it cheaper. That's a good pump.

Hang in there!!