Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Started too early!

Default Re: Started too early!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lindsey213 View Post
    Thank you so much for the support and great ideas.

However, on a related side-note, she is doing worse about sleeping. She slept through starting at 5 weeks, but gradually she's waking up every 1 to 3 hours at night to feed. All these mamas say to start her on solids and she'll start sleeping through. Is there truth to this? I've heard otherwise.
    NO! DD1 didn't STTN until almost 2yo and she was a good solids eater. I don't think it's got anything to do with solids, STTN is a milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lindsey213 View Post
    Also, what are less constipating first fruits and veggies?
    Pears, Melon, squash, sweet potato, avocado...

Same here! DS is 5 1/2 mo and I started giving him pieces of banana maybe 1x/week. He was showing signs that he might be ready for it so we tried it and he loves it! He refuses rice cereal though but I try to listen to him for guidance. I'll admit it does make me nervous sometimes, but him growing up in general makes me nervous.

Jenn

Married to my best friend - Feb '07
    Mommy to Gavin - May '09
    Mommy to Adrian - Jan '12
    with a surprise baby April '13

Being a SAHM is not for the faint of heart!

8May09: 7lbs 1.9oz
    12Jan12: 7lbs 8oz

Thanks everyone!

We'll probably start her on avocado once she's reached 6 months! (Pediatrician friend stay away from sweets at first, bland first.) We gave her a sippy cup with water at dinner today instead of the banana. She had fun! Tomorrow: mommy milk slushie!
    Mama to baby Sunshine, May 14, 2009
    Successfully BFed until DD was 14 months old (while I was pregnant) and she decided she didn't like the taste of the milk anymore.

New mama to my Earth baby boy, January 31, 2011. Going for at least another 14 months or more!