Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Separation anxiety day and night!

Default Separation anxiety day and night!

Hi I am writting for support and or advice!

I am a stay at home mother of a 14 mos. old girl. Lately, she has been waking up in the middle of the night in a complete panic.....screaming, I was so afraid that I first thought that perhaps she was having a seisure but after a few minutes of rocking and consoling her I offered the mighty breasts and fell back to sleep within minutes.

During the past few days she has also been more clingy, she at times won't even let me put her down for a minute! she has only been cared for by me and I spend all day with her and I do sing, dance, wear her.

This is new. She has always been cuddly but enjoyed some independent to play. I must add that she appears to be teething, learning to walk... perhaps these milestones are making her more sensitive?

can anyone relate?

Default Re: Separation anxiety day and night!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*autumnleaves View Post
    can anyone relate?
    Yup, I sure can relate. My DD is nearly 14 months old, and has been displaying the same behaviour. She wants to nurse or be held pretty much constantly lately. If I put her down, even to use the bathroom she has a fit. I know how stressful it can be. Sometimes you wish you could just eat, read your email, or use the bathroom without your lo needing constant attention.

I am assuming that this is because she is teething and reaching numerous new milestones, just like you suggested.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Exactly.... I think it is difficult to know how much to give in and how much to teach her independence. Oh , the worrying mothers mind..... I think that is the real problem!! :0

Mornings are the worst time for us. She wants to nurse A LOT, which I'm fine with, it's just hard for me to find time for my older DD.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

My almost 12 month old needs to feel connected. I can put her down to play, but if the dogs bark or there is a loud noise, she scurries as fast as she can and climbs up my leg. When she is sleeping she really wants me close. It's interesting to see how independent and simultaneously clingy they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*autumnleaves View Post
    but after a few minutes of rocking and consoling her I offered the mighty breasts and fell back to sleep within minutes.
    This is so true! The mighty breasts are a cure-it-all! I can relate, too. There came a time where she would want to be on me, and not anyone else, all.the.time!! Also, I had to go through a few nights of "perma-latch". But they're so cute after a while of just chanting goosfraba I looked down and there she was, with a huge smirk on her face and I couldn't stress anymore. She's been more independant lately, but I think the clingyness is eventually welcome
    Love is not consolation. It is light. -Friedrich Nietzsche

I'm Irys, going thru the struggles of being a mom, wife, student, daughter...
    But am hanging on!!!

Mom to K, born August 16th, 2008
    Expecting A April 7th, 2010

could she be cutting molars? It REALLY hurts when they cut molars. Mine would wake up in the middle of the night screaming when she was cutting hers - nothing but the breast would do - not even Tylenol. Fortunately, it only lasted for a couple of nights - and after a week or so when the molars broke through she was back to herself. Hope this goes by quickly for you!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

My almost-13 month old just started this behavior too! She's beginning to cut her molars, as well as about ready to walk. She'll be playing just fine then suddenly throw down her toy, start this kind of whimpering cry and crawl as fast as she can to get to me. I agree that it must be these huge milestones.
    Wife of Jacob, our hero
    Mommy of Lilia Grey born September 22nd 2008
    Auntie of Alex, our funny 4th grader!

Makeup artist, studying to be a Bradley Birth Instructor!

peaceloving, treehugging : cloth diaper lover!