Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember bf'ing when they were young?

Default Anyone remember bf'ing when they were young?

Just wondering if any of you that were bf'd when you were little remember bf'ing as a child? dh asked me the other day since dd just turned 2 how long I was going to bf her (I don't know) and if it would be weird if she remembered bf'ing or "sucking on my boob" as he called it.
    since 10/10/07
    and still going...

Default Re: Anyone remember bf'ing when they were young?

My daughter has a friend who bf'd til she was 6. She remembers it fondly, and seems very protective of little kids' need for nurturing.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

My DS1 was almost 4 when we weaned and he remembers it a little. He too is very nurturing and very caring with little kids. In fact his friend's little siblings all flock to him and act like he's a rock star. DS2 also adores him!

It just solidifies my belief in "extended" nursing and my belief that only good comes out of fully meeting your child's needs.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

my sarah remembers.
    She's very cute about it.
    She says things like I liked warm milk and it was nice much beter then a bottle.

A while ago, I asked that question of a mama (who has dropped off the forum as far as I can tell) who had breastfed until she was 4, and she said she had nice memories of it. She chose to breastfed her own child, too!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I remember snuggling in my Mama's lap and asking for "milk-a-bee". I weaned at around three and a half. I don't remember details, but I get warm fuzzies from the memories I have. Not weird at all.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

My mom breastfed me for a year. I don't remember it, but it was definitely a reason why I wanted to breastfeed my own children.

I don't remember details, like the taste or the feel of her breast in my mouth, but I have warm fuzzy memories of being in my mom's arms (nursing). I do have a very clear memory of my weaning party, though!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I nursed till I was 2ish and I don't remember details. But I remember my mom nursing my brothers and she always talked about how much she loved nursing us. I never for a second considered anything besides breastfeeding when I became a mom!

DH remembers nursing as a toddler. He and his siblings BFed until about age 3, some tandem nursed. They also co-slept.

(on a tangent, I think I have the opposite of most situations- my MIL is in favor of EBF, baby led solids, and co-sleeping. My own family is not so much, though they are accepting of whatever we want to do. Sorry- )
    "My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary."
    -Martin Luther