Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how to build up a supply for daycare

Default how to build up a supply for daycare

Ladies, It seems that it was yesterday I was doing the exact same thing for my DD! Now, I'm on my second child and seem to have forgot everything.

I am starting to work on three weeks. My DS is 49 days. He's an avid nurser, I wear him all the time and he nurses on demand. I am pumping every morning and get from 2-3 oz. I already have approx 20 oz on the fridge. He will need 8 oz/day while I'm at work.
    What's your best advice to increase my supply?

Default Re: how to build up a supply for daycare

You may not need to increase your supply. While you are away from your lo, you may be able to pump what he needs for the next day, and continue that. Just keep up what you are doing, and you will have an ample freezer stash and will hopefully be able to supply him with what he needs based on the previous day's pump sessions!

If this doesn't answer, let me know and we can come up with something more suited to you!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

When my daugher started sleeping longer, I found if I got up and pumped before her first AM nursing I got the most milk.

Now, of course, at 6 months she is back to night wakings and I am not quite as full in the mornings and therefore pump less at this time . If I nurse and then go to work and pump that seems to help a bit.

GOOD LUCK.

You should only need to have enough in the freezer for the first day. After that, you should be able to pump enough each day to replace what you're using. If pumping isn't an option for you, let us know, and we'll help you brainstorm more ideas.
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!