Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wow... One day of Dom... Def increase already!!

Default Wow... One day of Dom... Def increase already!!

I took 40 mg yesterday (2 doses... 10 mg the first time and 30 the second... I missed the 3rd). I noticed that I did feel a bit fuller this morning but I also didn't pump last night (I slept through 3 alarms!) so I figured that's why. I just pumped/manually expressed 1/4 oz! I actually sprayed while pumping, without having to apply pressure to the ducts. Normally, I have to apply pressure to the milk ducts to get the sprays out.

Yeha! Today I'm taking the proper dosing (30mg 3 times a day) and planning to pump every 2-4 hours today since DH is home and every hour tonight until I go to bed. AND I plan to wake up every 2-4 hours after midnight. I gotta get my butt in gear with this! DS is nearing 6 months old and I'd like him to be on only breastmilk by the new year!

I just wanted to say that I think the domperidone works! I'm only one day in so we'll see how it works over the next week with some good pumping but that is a good increase. I was only pumping under 1/8 oz in the morning and nothing else during the day except a few drops.

Yahoo! I hope this keeps up! DS eats 4-6 oz every 3-4 hours (except at night) so I need to get up to being able to pump 36-40 oz a day at some point. Though I'm all for half formula and half breastmilk but I would love to get him on only breastmilk.

Thanks for letting me ramble ladies!!

Default Re: Wow... One day of Dom... Def increase already!!

I got about the same amount the 2nd pumping as I did the first one. Just under 1/4 this time! Def increase happening here! Awesome awesome! I can't wait to see what a full daily dose of 90mg does for me! Woohoo! And LOTS of pumping tonight!

hey there congrats. that is so cool. i am working on getting me some of that. hopefully your increase keeps up and when i get the dom then i hope that mine will go up as much as your. once again i say congrats and keep up the good work.

so i was wondering (i know you posted this in another post but i am having a hard time finding it) how many mg per pill? i have decided to go in on that with you (i will post the desired amount in the other post once i figure out how many i want) and approx how much it would cost for the diff amount of pills i get. thanks so much.

Each pill is 10mg. The recommended dosing is between 30-90mg per day. I was told not to take more than 90mg per day, but I know some people do and they seem to be fine! I'm currently taking 1 10mg tablet 3 times a day and it works fine for me.

how long do you have to take the Dom?

Alekxa, it depends. Some mothers can wean off of it after 1 month, others have to continually take it to keep supply up...

I got in 3 pumpings today... Yup, I've slacked a bit! I plan to cluster pump from 10:30 until midnight and then pump once after midnight before heading to bed... I should be able to get in a good amount of pumpings.

On the upside, I am getting a bit under 1/4 each time and have totaled about 1/2 oz today in my 3 pumpings. That's great considering yesterday I got 1/8 oz in the morning and then NOTHIGN the rest of the day. I think the Dom is really helping!

I have an odd question for you. Do you feel hungrier taking the Dom or notice that you are eating more than usual? I was just curious since I've heard that since it was developed to help empty the stomach faster, some people end up eating more overall. Just curious!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

P-T-M

To be honest, I'm hungrier pumping all the time as it is. I eat several small meals throughout the day, usually every 2-3 hours just like DS! I don't really notice a difference but then again, I eat a ton anyway!