Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What is a good electric breast pump??

Question What is a good electric breast pump??

I'm due in 6 weeks and looking for a good electric pump. I'm scared to buy a used one or rent a used one. What's a good one to buy?? I noticed Target carries the Avent, Evenflo Elan and Medela are any of these good??

Which pump do you ladies recommend?? I probably will be going back to work so I need something that works well.

Thanks Ladies!

Default Re: What is a good electric breast pump??

At first I was using the Bailey Nurture III pump. It was taking me about 20 minutes to pump and I would get about 3.5 oz. This week I got an Ameda Purely Yours pump and I like it much better. It only takes me 10 minutes and I get 4.5 - 5 oz. It's also much easier because the Nurture III requires much more work on my part - you use your thumb to control the suction. I haven't used the Medela pump-in-style, but I know that it's a popular one, though more expensive than the ones I've tried.
    -Alicia
    Mommy to Cadence (5/19/06) and Tessa (4/25/09)

Congrats on your pregnancy.

I have used both the Medela Pump in Style and the Ameda Purely Yours. I like the PY better. It is easier to clean and less expensive than the PIS. With the PIS, milk would get backed up into the tubing (and pump). The PY is designed so this cannot happen.

I've also used both the PIS and PY. Both have worked fine for me. Right now I would say I like the PIS better but that's probably b/c I'm still getting used to the PY. I haven't quite figured out the settings yet. The PIS had a a great letdown feature. The PY is definately easier to clean though.