Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question-Dad's opinion?

Default Re: Question-Dad's opinion?

Interesting thread... I just started talking to my husband about this a couple of days ago.. something along the lines of "I had planned on weaning her at around a year, but the more I read about the developmental benefits, the more I am thinking I want to go a bit longer" Then I asked him if he had any opinions... Since I mentioned brains, he really didn't (although the look on his face was slightly perplexed). He's all about anything that enhances the intelligence - I should have told him Ben & Jerry's was brain food, then he wouldn't have given me flack about it!

I am curious as to how he will react when she's a year and a half and we're still nursing, but I don't think it will be a huge deal to him once we are there.

Default Re: Question-Dad's opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*eris View Post
    I am curious as to how he will react when she's a year and a half and we're still nursing, but I don't think it will be a huge deal to him once we are there.
    That's how my partner is. He gets really agitated talking about nursing at future ages, but as each of those ages has arrived in the present, he still thinks the baby should be nursing. Because he is still a baby. An older one, but still clearly needs it, you know?
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012