Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: she never wants breakfast

Default she never wants breakfast

dd is 11 mos, and never wants any solids at breakfast. at what age should i worry about this (if any, as long as we're nursing)? she's still nursing every 3 hours or so, and eating some solids at lunch and dinner, but never wants anything for bfast...
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling

Default Re: she never wants breakfast

My DD was the same way. She didn't start eating breakfast regularly until we were down to one nursing session a day, I think around 15 months. She always wanted to nurse in the morning and then in the afternoon. When we cut the morning session she finally started breakfast. And the funny thing is, her weight was always perfect, gaining like crazy, until I weaned. Even with only those one or two sessions she gained weight like a champ. Then, we stopped and she fell off her curve a little. I wish I would've hung in until 2. But as long as your little one is gaining well and dabbling in solids, getting a good variety, I wouldn't be worried. HTH.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

very common,
    My hubby cann't eat anything untill he is up for a while, like at least 2 hours
    Being in the army nearly did him in they would get up and eat.

I wouldn't sweat it. Your morning nursing session probably fills her up. you're still nursing before solids, right? FWIW EMily didn't eat much at all ever until she was almost 16 months old.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

yep, still nursing before solids. i wasn't TOO worried, just wanted a little reassurance..

i'm beth, mama to:

-and-

You're doing great! LO looks sooo happy.
    Mommy to Madilyn Born 4/25/07 9lbs. 15oz.
    C-section
    for 17 months. Greatest momments of my life!

What are you trying and at what time? I never met a baby who wouldn't eat some cheerios. If you are nursing her up for the day at 8am can you sit her down at 9:30 and try? Cheerios and fruit seems like a nice place to begin.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*m.chia View Post
    You're doing great! LO looks sooo happy.
    thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    What are you trying and at what time? I never met a baby who wouldn't eat some cheerios. If you are nursing her up for the day at 8am can you sit her down at 9:30 and try? Cheerios and fruit seems like a nice place to begin.
    i've never given her cheerios. her auntie bought her like a lifetime supply of gerber puffs from costco, so i was gonna try to use those up.. but shse doesn't really tear into 'em with gusto or anything. maybe i'll get some cheerios today and see if she likes those. and i do wait a while in the morning after nursing before giving solids, but she still doesn't really want any. although she WILL troll the heck outta me when i'm having my smoothie, and clap her hands for little drinks of it.. i've learned to share. lol

i'm beth, mama to:

-and-