Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Growth spurts

Default Growth spurts

Hi I have a four month old at home. I understand that growth spurts are supposed to occur at three months, however it seems that he wants to nurse for a longer period of time, and whenever he is given expressed milk, the bottles have to be bigger or he is not satisfied. Could he be going through a growth spurt now?

Default Re: Growth spurts

yup. Mine will be 4 mo on Tues. and he just went through one. Wish you well with it!

Here's a link about growth spurts. Hang in there

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurt.html

Thanks, I am also noticing that he is napping for quite a bit longer during the day. I am having to drink alot more as well.

Growth spurts occur typically at 2-4 and 6 months for the first six months of life, although this is not always accurate as all babies are different. My son is now 7 months and is going through another spurt.

All babies also go thorugh "comfort" stages where they "check back in" with momma often for comfort, and nursing brings comfort for both baby and mom.

Enjoy these times!
    Leslie- Momma to Aiden 02/28/06 AND Owen 2/28/08...What timing

Older and wiser voices can always help you find the right path, if you are only willing to listen.--Jimmy Buffet

Growth spurts can occur at any time!

My daughter just turned 4 months and I think she's been having one this past week. I didn't notice one at 3 months, so I think she's having it now instead.
    -Alicia
    Mommy to Cadence (5/19/06) and Tessa (4/25/09)

I think you are all right, he is teething now, and wants alot of comfort from mommy, very fussy!