Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Just a little spit-up...what does it mean?

Default Just a little spit-up...what does it mean?

Hi everyone,

DD had about half a tablespoon of hummus today with some bread, and then right after she woke up from her nap (about an hour and a half later), spat up just a tiny bit--maybe two teaspoon's worth. I'm pretty sure she's had hummus before, but maybe not such a large quantity.

She's eleven months old and has been eating solids without any problems for months now. The only other time she's had this reaction is when she once ate too much cheese. I was just wandering what the spitting up means and what I should do about it. Is it a minor allergic reaction? Is her stomach saying it can't handle the ingredients and that I shouldn't offer hummus again for...a month...or longer?

Thanks!

Default Re: Just a little spit-up...what does it mean?

I wouldn't make too much out of a single incident. Look for a pattern instead. If she spits up every time she eats hummus, then you might want to take it off the table for a while and reintroduce it at a later date.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    I wouldn't make too much out of a single incident. Look for a pattern instead. If she spits up every time she eats hummus, then you might want to take it off the table for a while and reintroduce it at a later date.

My younger son is almost 15 months old and he spits up at random times. Like the previous poster stated, I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you start to notice a pattern.

Doesn't sound like anything serious, DS used to do that with certain things occasionally, but hummus does have raw garlic and lemon juice, and both those things could cause a bit of indigestion, even if eaten in a large quantity by an adult. It might be prudent to make sure she doesn't eat too much of it at once.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Okay, good to know. Thanks, everyone!