Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: good idea - bad idea... that is the question

Default good idea - bad idea... that is the question

i was thinking about cutting two holes in an old bra that is a little tight. this will make a hands free pumping device... i know that is a good idea now here is the question... i was thinking about using when i go to sleep. then i can set my alarm for ever half hour and turn the machine on then off. i would be doing 1/2 hour on then 1/2 hour off then 1/2 hour on and so on through out the night. this would also inable me to sleep while it is happening. i tried this (only i used tape instead of the "handsfree device" last night and i am sure it would have worked but my alarm didnt go off then chase woke up SCREAMING from either a bad dream or hunger... maybe both. i picked him up and tried to cuddle him but one got knocked off and i was to tired to put it back on so i took the other one off fed chase and went back to bed (although chase woke me up every few hours. i dont know what his problem is.) tia ladies.

Default Re: good idea - bad idea... that is the question

Why are you pumping every half hour? are you having trouble with your supply? what type of pump do you have? just a couple of things i'm curious about before i give my two cents.

Default Re: good idea - bad idea... that is the question

hey there. those are great questions i meant to mention those things but must have forgot. silly me. anyways i am pumping every half hour because i am trying to relactate and as we all know your supply is based on demand. well right now there really isnt any time to demand much during the day as the baby wont latch until i get another nipple shield. then i have to learn how to use the new sns i got. but anyways it is really hard to find much time to pump during the day becuase i work 40 weeks then go home to four kids three under the age of five and the fourth is nine. i live with my parents who help out a great deal (which they should considering three of the kids are theirs) but since my dad has alzhiemers *sp* they spend more time yelling at eachother and trying to figure out where he put things or who said what than actually watching the kids. i take it upon myself to make sure everyone is in bed on time and not getting into trouble. i do manage to pump a little during the day. i can pump every few hours at work (as long as my manager isnt there) my manager doesnt prevent me from puming but i feel weird doing it while he is around. he keeps yelling at me because of all the things i should be doing but dont have time for. so i just try not to pump while he is there so i can get other things done. then i go home and can pump after the younger kids go to bed. so like i said there really isnt much time during the day to be pumping so i would like to build supply while i sleep if possible. thanks for reading/responding. i hate that i quit bf in the first place but i got sick and the doc put me on meds that made me not eat. i got so weak that i couldnt even hold chase, let alone bf. my supply dried up and i thought i was done for good. then i learned about relactation. so here i am.