Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: good idea - bad idea... that is the question

Default good idea - bad idea... that is the question

i was thinking about cutting two holes in an old bra that is a little tight. this will make a hands free pumping device... i know that is a good idea now here is the question... i was thinking about using when i go to sleep. then i can set my alarm for ever half hour and turn the machine on then off. i would be doing 1/2 hour on then 1/2 hour off then 1/2 hour on and so on through out the night. this would also inable me to sleep while it is happening. i tried this (only i used tape instead of the "handsfree device" last night and i am sure it would have worked but my alarm didnt go off then chase woke up SCREAMING from either a bad dream or hunger... maybe both. i picked him up and tried to cuddle him but one got knocked off and i was to tired to put it back on so i took the other one off fed chase and went back to bed (although chase woke me up every few hours. i dont know what his problem is.) tia ladies.

Default Re: good idea - bad idea... that is the question

I think it could work but I think you will be VERY sore after one night of this. Do you need to pump that often at night? How oftern are you pumping during the day? And how often in 24 hours?

well since i work i only get to pump a few days a week... plus i take care of a three month old, one year old, four year old, nine year old and a seventy eight year old with alzhiemers when i get home... SO i really only get to pump at night. i can sneak in a few others if i am lucky (when the younger ones are napping or if my manager isnt working) but i am busy girl duing the day... i wish that i never gave up on pumping in the first place. i did pump like that for about two or three hours last night (after everyone else was in bed and i was watching tv) and my breasts didnt hurt too much so that is why i was wondering... thanks

I think it could work. You would honestly have to give it a shot and see! I know what you mean abotu being busy... It's tough to get that pumping time in!

Good luck and keep us updated!

dont know if you do or not, but if you feel like trying here is a website on cutting up the bra that someone from another site gave me

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby...raconvert.html

hth

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/pumping_bra/hands_free_bra.pdf#search='make%20your%20own%20han ds%20free%20pumping%20bra'

heres instructions to make one
    I don't see anything wrong with pumping and sleeping at the same time
    As long as your not getting sore or you start to make too much milk.
    You don't want to get a plugged ducts or mastitus.

lol we were posting at the same time.

Thanks! That's awesome! I may convert my nursing bra's that way!

Good luck!

What a super cool idea!! I wish I could sew, maybe I will try and see how it works without the stitching.

Well, I've cut up a bra.....and am on my way to walmart for my hooks and eyes and felt...I will do my best to handsew...this may be my saving grace...for as the rest of you....it is hard for me to get my pumpings in...

Melissa, I hope it helps you! I just continue to wake up every 2-3 hours at night ... I couldn't sleep while pumping... I would make a huge mess with the milk!