hi all. Hoping I might get some help here. My left breast is virtually dry. Here is how I think it happened: Once my daughter turned 4 mos or so, she became an efficient nurser, and I got lazy. Meaning, I often started her on the right breast vs. alternating, and I think she she got what she needed there/was bored and impatient with the left side. Thus it became a "vicious circle". (less nursing = less milk= less nursing)
This in and of itself was not an issue, as I don't mind being a little lopsided. I have gone back to work and am pumping, and now I am seeing the err of my ways. My sessions are not too productive, in that I am only getting milk from the right breast. I get approximately 2 oz there, whereas on the left side, I maybe get 1/4 of a teaspoon! Any tips? I keep pumping it in hopes that I will see an increase. My daughter is 6.5 months old now and I am trying to provide for her while she is at daycare all day.
Can I somehow get my left breast to produce again?
- I recently started taking fenugreek and more milk plus 3-4 times per day
- I rented a symphony breast pump
- I got larger shields today, as things seemed a bit tight (thus far no change in amount gathered)
- My daughter is in care from 8-5. I nurse her at 7:15-ish and top off around 7:45, am working with the daycare on having her be ready to nurse at 5, then I try again before bedtime at 7. I dream feed at 10 and am currently dreamfeeding at 3 a.m. also (but would like to stop)
- I am pumping at 10,1 4 and 9.
thank you in advance!