Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Showing no interest

Default Showing no interest

My LO is 7 month old. We have introduced purees (fruits and vegetable) for the past month. But she is showing absolutely no interest. My first LO used to open her mouth big..... this LO close her mouth and seems disgusted ! What to do? Wait a week and try again?

Default Re: Showing no interest

Don't sweat it. At 7 months, solids are just for fun, and for experimenting with new tastes. textures, and motor skills. They're not nutritionally necessary until somewhere around the first birthday. So if solids aren't fun right now, either put them aside or try offering them in a different way. Some babies really hate the spoon- and I should know, because mine was one! If she saw a spoon coming towards her, she would purse her lips and bat it away. We had no choice but to do baby-led solids (BLS)- that is, we put small pieces of soft food on her tray, and let her experiment with getting it into her mouth. If BLS sounds like an approach you'd like to try, I suggest starting with something like chunks of a very ripe pear or some very well-cooked chunks of sweet potato. You could also try soft shredded chicken, like the stuff that comes out of a soup. That was one of my daughter's early favorites. Your child may only make a mess at first, but eventually she will get something in her mouth!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I was considering the BTL approach... maybe I'll try tomorrow..... Thanks !

yup lots of kids don't eat much before they are 1 and some others don't each much before they are 2.

I was also going to suggest ditching the spoon and letting your lo experiment.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!