Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad idea?

Default Re: Bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*desertmama View Post
    I don't have to wean. I'm just tired and I want a break, especially since my toddler seems to BF more than most other toddlers his age. Plus, I want to get pregnant again in January or after and I just can't go from this to a newborn with no pause in between. I think of nursing a 2nd until 3-4 years and I am all . 7-8 years of my life with at least 1 kid hanging off of a boob seems a bit much. If only I knew I were going to be repaid later on for my efforts (by my son who would be so grateful for all the sacrifices I made for him.) You know, like a guaranteed 5-star nursing home or vacation of my choice or something.
    Really 6-8 years of the 36 you will spend raising them? I would just like to gently point out that it will STILL be 6-8 years out of your life. Even if they aren't consecutive years.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Really 6-8 years of the 36 you will spend raising them? I would just like to gently point out that it will STILL be 6-8 years out of your life. Even if they aren't consecutive years.
    I guess I'm really tired today because I don't get what you mean. I hope Laith doesn't live with me for 36 years...
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

I guess I'm really tired today because I don't get what you mean. I hope Laith doesn't live with me for 36 years...
    Maybe she means the years that you spend with 2 kids, not just one. But if they are close together in age some of the 18 years would overlap.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!

2.5 years is phenomenal! Don't feel bad about wanting your body back for a few months before having another- not to mention, wanting your fertility to be in tact fully for that! Great job, Momma!
    Lindsay

First time mom to Claire, our April Fools' Day baby!

Hooray for 11 mos and going strong ! I never dreamed I could make it beyond 4-6 months, in the early difficult months! We've made it a year- formula free!

I : I finally gave up : and love being married since 03-05-05!

What a beautiful blessing of God to be able to lovingly nurture your baby in the healthiest way!

I hope he doesn't either. But you will be putting 18 into each of them at least. 18x2=36 That's what I meant. But yeas the PP has a point. Some of them will overlap.

Way too lazy for formula