Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: For Toting around Your Pump

Default For Toting around Your Pump

When I recently upgraded to a double electric after hand pumping for 5 years (yep, five years) it didn't come with a bag, as it's a Lansinoh. I found this bag at Target, way in the back with the camping gear, and it's insulated and everything. Fits my pump and all the accessories along with a cool pack, and I stick my wallet in there too. Under $20! I've had women ask me about my "purse."
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

Default Re: For Toting around Your Pump

Cute!

How do you like your pump? Mine is starting to go. I'll stick it out until it dies (hopefully not before Lulu's a year old) but just in case.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I actually really like it. The milk never comes into contact with the tubing, so I never have to deal with that mess. The only thing I don't like is that the inside of the horn, if that makes any sense, can be difficult to get into to scrub out -- even the nipple brush I have doesn't get in there just right easily. So I make sure to rinse it out well every single time before anything can dry in there and then come home to wash it up with hot water and lots of soap and scrubbing. There are little bits to keep track of, but that's par for the course with just about any pump.

But for $150, it's a very good pump. Wish I had gotten one a long time ago and saved myself a lot of effort.
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

That is an adorable bag! Way to make pumping fashionable!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*aprilsmagic View Post
    I actually really like it. The milk never comes into contact with the tubing, so I never have to deal with that mess. The only thing I don't like is that the inside of the horn, if that makes any sense, can be difficult to get into to scrub out -- even the nipple brush I have doesn't get in there just right easily. So I make sure to rinse it out well every single time before anything can dry in there and then come home to wash it up with hot water and lots of soap and scrubbing. There are little bits to keep track of, but that's par for the course with just about any pump.

But for $150, it's a very good pump. Wish I had gotten one a long time ago and saved myself a lot of effort.
    Thanks. That's a pretty decent price too.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Great bag! I wish I'd thought of getting a cute bag for my pump - would've been great psychologically, too.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imma2nonstopaa View Post
    Great bag! I wish I'd thought of getting a cute bag for my pump - would've been great psychologically, too.
    Yup. I still haven't quit pumping. Can't let go.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    You have to do whatever works for you. If you still want to pump, kudos to you! And whenever you are ready to stop, just remember how hard you worked and what it did for your DD.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    I'm with you Momma....I just can't seem to do it...
    I will eventually have to try...

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008