Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BLS and canned baby food?

Default Re: BLS and canned baby food?

As someone who did BLS with her kid, I did find that the little jars of babyfood were really good for one purpose: letting grandma get her kicks spoon-feeding the babe.

This was great entertainment all around. When DS was finished eating, he always took one more bite . . . which he then spewed EVERYWHERE while blowing a great big raspberry. Spoonfeeding grandmas sit *very close* to babe.

Anyhow, we only spoonfed purees at home when that's what our main meal was: curried squash soup, stew, mashed potatoes, etc. We let him have his own portion and a spoon (if he wanted it), but we usually got a few tastes into his mouth, too.
    Mum to DS (04/07)
    EPing for former 28 weeker (03/12)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krasota View Post

This was great entertainment all around. When DS was finished eating, he always took one more bite . . . which he then spewed EVERYWHERE while blowing a great big raspberry. Spoonfeeding grandmas sit *very close* to babe.

Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Actually, even in conjunction with BLS they can come in handy. Pureed fruit can be mixed into plain yogurt or oatmeal or spread on toast instead of jam. They have no sugar or additives unlike flavored yogurts or jams.
    We made it one year!
    Loving
    and blogging about it all here

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*alittlesandy View Post
    Actually, even in conjunction with BLS they can come in handy. Pureed fruit can be mixed into plain yogurt or oatmeal or spread on toast instead of jam. They have no sugar or additives unlike flavored yogurts or jams.
    I agree!

Blanca
    Proud mommy of a 12 year old tween
    and my little Christmas Eve bundle of energy

Update: New baby girl summer 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*solatido View Post
    I guess I will get rid of them. We have a little food processor so I can make purees if DH or I change my mind- or we could use it to make food that a sitter would be more comfortable with. It probably is better from fresh or frozen fruits/veggies.
    The additives in the jars make me . BLS are great - DS eats almost anything now!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krasota View Post
    As someone who did BLS with her kid, I did find that the little jars of babyfood were really good for one purpose: letting grandma get her kicks spoon-feeding the babe.
    Grandmas just don't get BLS no matter how many times i explain. As i talk they nod their heads and act as though they totally agree with the reasoning behind BLS...but still, they don't get it. I finally had to break down and get some jars for when he is with the grandmas. they just love to spoon feed babies!
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!