Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: scratching

Default scratching

I wasn't sure where to post this.... My LO is 5 months old and he scratches his head like crazy. He has rubbed a big raw, red spot on his forhead. He used to have cradle cap but that has been gone for about a month. It may be excema... not really sure though. Any advice on creams or lotions to buy to stop the itch?
    1st Time Mommy to Baby Boy born 4-20-09
    since day one!
    Finally done !!!
    There are three reasons for breast-feeding: the milk is always at the right temperature; it comes in attractive containers; and the cat can't get it. ~Irena Chalmers

Default Re: scratching

Hydrocortizone would be safe to use on his head/facial area. I would ask your pedi about it for sure.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

coconut oil and lavendar-just be careful on what lavendar you use-I only use Young Living Essential Oils see our website for a video on lavendar www.bhcoop.org go to our coop link and scroll down. My baby has had cradle cap and excema and I use only that for her sensitive skin. If you are going to use the lavendar by YLO you need to only use one drop for about 1-2 tbs of coconut oil..it is very concentrated more so than others on the market.

My ped told me it's fine to use hydrocortisone (sp?) for dry, itchy areas when DD had them. My sis regularly uses it on her DD for excema.
    I'm Beth-
    Mama to L (7/14/09) and B (6/27/11).