Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Foremilk/Hindmilk Inbalance?

Default Foremilk/Hindmilk Inbalance?

The title pretty much says it all. For about the past week or more my daughter has had dark green diapers. Sometimes they are seedy other times more runny.

I have started blocked feeding as I don't think DD is completely emptying the breast when she nurses and is therefore getting too much hindmilk. I think this is the right way to handle it but would appreciate any input from the more experienced moms.

I've been doing the block feeding for the past 2 days and while my breasts are much softer and feel more empty at the end of a feeding, DD seems more gassy now than before. Last night she woke up every very frequently due to what appeared to be gas pains. Prior to this she'd been sleeping for much longer stretches, not seeming to be bother by any gas/

Not such what's up. Any ideas?

Default Re: Foremilk/Hindmilk Inbalance?

*bump*
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

How have things been lately?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I had the same problem for awhile. I was block feeding from about 1 1/2 mo until recently. His poops went from dark green to a mustard color, though once in awhile he still has greens.

Is your LO difficult to burp? I had success when I'd sit DS upright in my lap and burp. Over the shoulder never really worked well for him. I also would lay him across my lap, tummy down, and pat his back that way which worked well. I've given him Gripe Water during a really bad case of gas which helped in a couple of minutes.

Jenn

Married to my best friend - Feb '07
    Mommy to Gavin - May '09
    Mommy to Adrian - Jan '12
    with a surprise baby April '13

Being a SAHM is not for the faint of heart!

8May09: 7lbs 1.9oz
    12Jan12: 7lbs 8oz