Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drs Just assume

Default Re: Drs Just assume

When we were having such a hard timing gaining weight as a newborn my ped's first plan was to give me the number for the LC's and tell me to call them as soon as I got home. They were never phased when I BF in the waiting room or waiting in the exam room or after vaccinations. I know they do have formula cans which they give to moms who are FF at but they do not offer it unless the answer to "and you are still nursing right?" is no.

When I mentioned we were co-sleeping the first time I expected to be given a hard time (ped is FAAP after all) but she was really supportive. She is always so happy and pleased when the sleep question gets an answer of 8 hours with a couple of wake-ups. I our ped. She is so reassuring about weight gain (or lack thereof) and all the other worries I have had.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Default Re: Drs Just assume

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*manitobamommy View Post
    When I went into the hospital due to mastitis, one of the doctors was surprised that I wouldn't be weaning because of it.
    wow. my mom (who is 63) told me that her doc told her to wean my sister b/c of a plugged duct - 40 years ago! how sad that there are still practicing phsysicians who spout this kind of ignorance.

this is totally idealistic/unrealistic, but i feel like doctors should be forced to formally re-up every year on all new info relevant to their specialty. i feel the same way about elderly drivers, too.
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling