Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, my nipples are more sore now that he's 14 months than when he had a Muppet-mouth!

Red face So, my nipples are more sore now that he's 14 months than when he had a Muppet-mouth!

Is it the teeth???? How can I remedy this?
    ---Josie

Proud mommy of 2 boys and a baby girl!

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

DS Ian, DOB 8/6/8 via C-sec., 9 lb!
    BF for 22 mo.

DD born via vbac 11/25/11!

Default Re: So, my nipples are more sore now that he's 14 months than when he had a Muppet-mo

Could be. Molars maybe? You can remind him to open wide and no teeth. I had to do the same with K when she was starting to get them.

at the "muppet mouth"

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Default Re: So, my nipples are more sore now that he's 14 months than when he had a Muppet-mo

Teeth or Thrush... which do you think?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*number4 View Post
    Teeth or Thrush... which do you think?
    Idk! What are the symptoms on nipples? He seems just fine.
    ---Josie

DS Owen, DOB 10/28/6, 6 lb 4oz, adopted from Guatemala, home forever 8/1/6 (we met him at 4w old! Mommy lived w/him in Guatemala from 5/28/6 till he came home!)

BF for 22 mo.

One of the things "they" say is that when nursing has been going fine/pain free for a long while and suddenly there's pain it's either thrush or teething 'symptom' that is, the latch changes due to pain or something similar and thus causes mom discomfort.

More about thrush here. Oft-times babies show no observable symptoms.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Your nipples may be red and flaky or bright pink when you have thrush. Your lo may not have any symptoms at all.

BTW, good to see you around!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    Your nipples may be red and flaky or bright pink when you have thrush. Your lo may not have any symptoms at all.

BTW, good to see you around!
    Good to be here!
    I'm not going to look at my nipples right at the moment--I'm in class w/a bunch of juniors!
    ---Josie

BF for 22 mo.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*JosieWales View Post
    Good to be here!
    I'm not going to look at my nipples right at the moment--I'm in class w/a bunch of juniors!
    Probably a wise decision.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Could you be pregnant? Often the first sign of pregnancy is sore nipples.

Sometimes food particles remaining in toddlers' mouths can irritate mom's nipples.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*LLLfirstlight View Post
    Could you be pregnant? Often the first sign of pregnancy is sore nipples.

Sometimes food particles remaining in toddlers' mouths can irritate mom's nipples.
    Oh yeah - then there's that!

Eleanor Roosevelt

Emerson