Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pump weaning question

Default Pump weaning question

Hey there ladies,

I'm starting the pump weaning process and dropped down to 2 sessions a day instead of 3. But I'm still getting the same amount of milk out in 2 sessions that I was getting in 3... am I doing something wrong

Next week I'm going to start shifting the beginning time of the first pumping until I get down to 1 pumping a day - and I really hope I don't get 12 ounces out that one time!!!

Any experiences to share?

Thanks,
    Tracie

Default Re: Pump weaning question

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post
    Hey there ladies,

I'm starting the pump weaning process and dropped down to 2 sessions a day instead of 3. But I'm still getting the same amount of milk out in 2 sessions that I was getting in 3... am I doing something wrong

Next week I'm going to start shifting the beginning time of the first pumping until I get down to 1 pumping a day - and I really hope I don't get 12 ounces out that one time!!!

Any experiences to share?

Thanks,
    Tracie
    How long has it been since you dropped a session? Your body may still be getting used to the idea that you don't need milk then, ykwim?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

This is the second week. I pump Monday through Thursday. I'm thinking maybe Lilah eats that much milk when she's with me, but only 4 to 8 ounces at the babysitter...

This is the second week. I pump Monday through Thursday. I'm thinking maybe Lilah eats that much milk when she's with me, but only 4 to 8 ounces at the babysitter...
    Maybe.

Anywho...you are going about things the right way. Keep up what you are doing and your body will eventually regulate things.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

Thanks! I'll just keep at it. It's kind of hard to let go and I was sad to start sending her with two bottles instead of three. Silly.

Did you stop your pumping session at work? I remember you were talking about it...

Thanks! I'll just keep at it. It's kind of hard to let go and I was sad to start sending her with two bottles instead of three. Silly.

Did you stop your pumping session at work? I remember you were talking about it...
    I have quit pumping at work, but end up pumping when I get home. I CANNOT let go. I think I'm just going to have to run out. I think I still feel like I'm caring for her while I'm away by sending breastmilk.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

I totally understand! Whenever I even think about stopping pumping and not sending her with milk, I start feeling very anxious.

I totally understand! Whenever I even think about stopping pumping and not sending her with milk, I start feeling very anxious.
    How old is Lilah?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

She's 11 months. I have over 100 ounces of milk in the freezer and keep adding to it every day. She's so close to refusing the bottle entirely... Monday she only drank 4 ounces.

I'm a planner and my current plan is to pump twice a day for a few more weeks and then pump once a day after that. When I go down to once a day, I'll send her with one bag frozen and one fresh bottle every day. I don't think I'll run out of frozen milk until she's 15 months old that way... but she may not drink it anyway. I don't know. It's not that hard for me to pump and it feels like a connection to her when I'm not there.

I found that it helped when I was down to 2 sessions to try to go for one less let down than I normally got. I was uncomfortable for a day or two, but then evened out. Then, when I felt that I wouldn't stress my breasts too much, that is when I went down to about 1 session per day.