Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked and bleeding nipple

Default Re: Cracked and bleeding nipple

I called and scheduled an appointment for after work today. We'll see what he says. The nurses here at work (we have a small dispensary) told me to give him a call.
    Carie

Wife to Jimmy 8/14/09

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth born 8/12/08
    Birth weight: 9lbs 1oz 20"
    2 months: 12lbs 10oz 23 1/2"
    4 months: 16lbs 6oz 26"
    6 months: 19lbs 14oz 27 1/2"
    9 months: 23lbs 3oz 30 1/2"
    12 months: 26lbs 13oz 36"

We made it to a year and we're still going strong

Working &

yeah its not getting beter. You need help!

Sorry it took so long for me to post and update...we went out of town this weekend.

I went to the doctor Thursday afternoon and he said while it doesn't look like there is any infection, he's treating me for thrush as a preventative. Since this skin is broken and they're kept in the dark most of the time, he said it wouldn't hurt to use the Nystacin and Diflucan to keep me from getting thrush. He also said to keep using the Lansinoh religiously. He suggested me using the inserts that came with my pump for women with smaller nipples but I got my pump used and have not had time to go to babies r us and get the inserts.

Since we were in Orlando for the weekend and spent a lot of time driving and out in public (where DD will not nurse, her own choice) that did give my nipples some time to heal. They aren't looking quite as bad as they were last week and it doesn't hurt as much. I'm hoping this road to recovery has a quick end to it!
    Carie

Wife to Jimmy 8/14/09

Working &

Hope things are still going better for you mama. Sounds like it's been a rough couple weeks. One thing that I've tried when my nipples are sore is expressing a couple drops of milk and rubbing them with it before latching my baby on to help them moisten up and ease that stretching pain. Since breast milk is full of white blood cells and other infection fighting cells, it should help them heal too.
    Julie
    LLL Leader and Mama to three blessings Michael 10/04, Joel 6/06, and Katie 6/08. Wife to Paul.

As of today, there are no more cracks. I'm still a little timid about turning up the suction on my pump but I'm not really noticing too much of a drop in my supply.

I have to say, of all the challenges we went through so far, this was by far the worst. And I had over supply with OALD and didn't know so I didn't have any help with that, we just nursed through it.

Thanks for all the support and tips.
    Carie

Wife to Jimmy 8/14/09

Working &