Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Default Re: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Great! I'll buy some at the next grocery visit. I just thought it was kind of a choking hazard since thery're so small.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Applesauce planned today.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Today we did baked sweet potato sliced like fries.
    DS loved it.

In agenda:
    potato
    carrots
    12-18-05
    3-23-09
    . 7-17-10

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sillyme79 View Post
    Great! I'll buy some at the next grocery visit. I just thought it was kind of a choking hazard since thery're so small.

I give my LO the happy baby organic puffs. They have the apple flavor and veggies. They're very fluffy so she doesn't choke on them at all (she still has absolutely no teeth) I normally just give them to her when we're out and about or in church to keep her entertained.

My LO is 9.5 months now. She still BF most of the time and has purees along with meat, veggies, fruits, and egg yolk. I haven't given her any yogurt or cheese or any dairy products. Not sure what the effect would be or if they cannot have milk until 1, why is it OK for them to have dairy products before then? Is it bcs we don't want it to conflict with the BM feedings? I don't give her what we eat yet as it has too many ingredients, or are cooking oils and spices OK? I don't add salt to my food--not a fan of it. What about pastas and sauces? Are sauces OK if they have all those ingredients in them or does everyone make them from scratch? My parents think she should have everything and anything... they want to give her ice cream!! I'm like are you guys insane!

How often does your 9mo+ LO BF? Mine still doesn't even sleep through the night.... no fun

Blanca
    Proud mommy of a 12 year old tween
    and my little Christmas Eve bundle of energy

Update: New baby girl summer 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bam007 View Post
    I give my LO the happy baby organic puffs.
    I looked these up and recognize the package but I'm not sure where I can buy them. Where do you buy yours?
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Blanca my 3yo still wakes up once or twice.

Applesauce was a big hit.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sillyme79 View Post
    Don't you know that is why there's a hole in them...so if the baby chokes...air can still get in

Yeah, I totally made that up
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

My Jack is almost 9 months old now (or he will be next week), and he loves Cheerios, yogurt, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, peas, apples (cut up into bits for him), bananas, peaches, pears, applesauce, rice (he snatched it right off my plate last night and stuffed a handfull in his mouth before I could stop him. He loved it, so I gave him more), chicken, fish, and his personal favorite, ice cream (yeah yeah, I know, watch the dairy, but he adores it and will actually smack the table until he gets some if his sisters or I have some and he doesn't)!

He also loves the Gerber puffs and snacks....especially the ones called Veggie Dips---they look like yellow cheetos and smell like funions, but he loves them!
    I'm Jerrie Ann....married to Rod (my wonderful Air Force man), and mother to Nora (Dec 30, 1994), Natasha (Feb 11, 1999), and Jack (Jan 12, 2009)....I'm the owner of Jack's Magic Milk Bags!!!

Lennon is almost 11 months. He still bfs 4-6 times a day, plus about 3-5 times at night (yay his wakings have decreased!)

He's so funny with food. He loves to eat things one little piece at a time. one cheerio, one pea, one shred of cheese, one grain of rice, but he just keeps stuffing these little pieces one at a time until his little cheeks are full! well except for the cheerios, he loves crunching them. boy he is starting to go crazy over cheerios he wants them all the time!
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*bam007 View Post
    I haven't given her any yogurt or cheese or any dairy products. Not sure what the effect would be or if they cannot have milk until 1, why is it OK for them to have dairy products before then?

I don't give her what we eat yet as it has too many ingredients, or are cooking oils and spices OK? I don't add salt to my food--not a fan of it. What about pastas and sauces? Are sauces OK if they have all those ingredients in them or does everyone make them from scratch?
    info on starting solids & dairy: http://wholesomebabyfood.com/dairy.htm

cooking oils and spices should generally be okay - if you're worried about reactions introduce them one by one (such as the only new item with foods LO has already eaten)

prepared foods that have ingredients baby has already eaten should be okay BUT many prepared foods (like pasta sauces) are very high in salt which is NOT good for baby
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)