Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Default Re: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    What are you still avoiding? I think I'm gonna try some rice pasta.
    Gluten, dairy, soymilk, nuts (clearly not at this point for her). I don't really puree anything, maybe I should? I give her whatever I can smush.

Allie when you give applesauce, does it have cinnamon in it or just plain applesauce?

Speaking of lazy.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Tiff - really no reason to puree things. My "test" for starting BLS was whether I could eat the food using only my tongue & the roof of my mouth (new chewing with teeth). If yes then I was okay with giving it to DS#1. Once he got good at handling and eating food I was doing things like making risotto cakes that I'd cut into strips for him.

PSA on cinnamon - it is an IRRITANT and can leave a red irritated looking FLAT "rash" on baby's skin. Probably not an issue if there is a small amount mixed into foods. DS#1 liked smelling the spice jars and got a big "rash" from the cinnamon har touching his face. We were a bit freaked out until I did research on cinnamon being an irritant.

If avoiding gluten - there are also some quinoa pastas.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    Tiff - really no reason to puree things. My "test" for starting BLS was whether I could eat the food using only my tongue & the roof of my mouth (new chewing with teeth). If yes then I was okay with giving it to DS#1. Once he got good at handling and eating food I was doing things like making risotto cakes that I'd cut into strips for him.

PSA on cinnamon - it is an IRRITANT and can leave a red irritated looking FLAT "rash" on baby's skin. Probably not an issue if there is a small amount mixed into foods. DS#1 liked smelling the spice jars and got a big "rash" from the cinnamon har touching his face. We were a bit freaked out until I did research on cinnamon being an irritant.

If avoiding gluten - there are also some quinoa pastas.
    Good going on the cinnamon.

I'm not sure I want to start pasta just yet. We do rice or quinoa pasta but I'm afraid - no other reason than that.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I'm getting kinda bored when it comes to feeding my 10.5 month old. He'll eat just about anything, but i've never been much of a cook so I dunno what to make for him! Usually every morning i give him shredded cheese and some fruit for an appetizer while i make breakfast for the house. THen i give him some scrambled eggs. he loves them! Every now and then i will give him a treat, toast with all fruit preserves. IT took a few times of me offering this for him to realize how good it was, then one day he went crazy over it!

but the rest of the day I run out of ideas...When he stays with grandmas they feel more comfortable giving him baby food. So i buy earth's best stage 3 for when he's away from me. Although lately i find myself giving it to him too because there is always so much leftover and i dont want to waste it. Is this bad??

And this week i've started making him some baby oatmeal with bm in the evening...not sure about this one yet...i mean he loves it, the kid will eat anything, i just have been doing BLS and know that i'm breaking all the rules!
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!

About the string cheese:

I gave her the whole piece of string cheese the first time - that went the best. I have tried pulling off strings and other assorted ways to make the pieces smaller, thinking that I was doing her a favor and the best way so far is to just give her the whole thing - she takes less in her mouth at once that way - silly rabbit

we have now had success with steamed peas and fresh blueberries. she loves picking them up, and they're fun for her to mush around in her mouth.
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    Gluten, dairy, soymilk, nuts (clearly not at this point for her). I don't really puree anything, maybe I should? I give her whatever I can smush.

Allie when you give applesauce, does it have cinnamon in it or just plain applesauce?

Speaking of lazy.
    No cinnamon it is homemade apple sauce naturally sweetend.. basically canned mushed up apples.. he loves it..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Can a 6 month old have cheerios? If yes, does it have to be the regular kind (as opposed to the honey nut flavor)?

So far we've tried avocado, steamed broccoli, sweet potatoes (baked in the oven), banana, apple, and steamed carrot. I think I'm gonna try mango next. Surprisingly he seemed to like the broccoli most of all.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Lennon loves cheerios!
    Hello! I'm Alayna, mama to Lennon Born November 18, 2008

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sillyme79 View Post
    Can a 6 month old have cheerios? If yes, does it have to be the regular kind (as opposed to the honey nut flavor)?

So far we've tried avocado, steamed broccoli, sweet potatoes (baked in the oven), banana, apple, and steamed carrot. I think I'm gonna try mango next. Surprisingly he seemed to like the broccoli most of all.
    I don't know if I would do the honey ones... but regular cheerios Wade loves
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones