Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Default Re: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Madeline is 6 mos today and we're going to try BLS this weekend when DH is around, with her grandfather watching on by Skype camera and the other grandparents watcihng from 'their vantage point upstairs'
    A little nervous for the usual reasons sniff, sniff--it won't be 100% momma's milk anymore! But then DH has been swearing up and down how he can be more involved in baby care when she begins eating solids so that is my consolation prize--more ME time Going to start with an organic avocado or pear, whichever I find.
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

Spanish rice
    Mango (puree)

tonight or tomorrow is probably squash puree again. We're kind of doing a mix of purees and bls. He does NOT like feeding himself except for puffies, carrots, and pasta. Everything else he will cry and try to suck it off the table without touching it

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    We go next week to the allergist for DS2 and will have a better idea of what other foods to try.

But really, he freaking HATES when I try and give him a spoon full of anything. He purses his lips together and just flat out refuses to open up for it.

One of my friends warned me to be careful and food allergy babes do that and I should back waaaay off on it all for now.
    Aleksandar is the same way Lisa, and we have never had allergy problems. I tricked him into eating some pears when he was laughing at his brother and even the sweetness wouldn't convince him to open up. He has no interest in feeding himself - just smashes in between his fingers with a disgusted look on his face. I am thinking I should have started sooner because there was a time around 4-5ish months that he was trying to grab everything and put it in his mouth and now, there is none of that.

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Liam screams for food lunges for it and everything but hates feeding himself. He gets it on his hands and starts crying. He'd rather stick his face in the bowl and lick something out than get it with his hands. He seems SO FRICKING READY but if I put stuff in front of him in the 'french fry' shape/size he sticks the whole dang thing in his mouth and gags on it. Its so confusing with this kid I swear

Pears are a no go anymore here. MASSIVE blow out poo after having them, even if it's a blend of pears and applesauce. Also wondering if the pasta constipates him. Took him off of all solids until his poops returned to normal and we're just starting again. Might try blueberries today I'm not sure yet.

~Meg~
    Wife to Ray (09/07/07)and Mama to:
    Xander (01/19/07) nursed for 30 months
    Liam (12/12/09) still nursing through the night and in the mornings!
    Sebastian (7/29/12) my newest little nursling who graciously shares his milk with big brother!

I haven't posted in this thread yet.

We're doing a mix of purees and self-feeding.

Meg - Gavin does much of the same thing. He has a pincer grasp (though not perfected), he can grab and pick stuff up. But he'll often smash his face into the tray instead. So I do a bit of both.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

We've reached the picky stage. At most she will have some fruit, chips, turkey and chicken. No pasta, no eggs, no rice, no potato.

No breakfast - just nursing

No lunch - nursing

Very few bites of dinner - nurse, unless there's chicken.

will snack on fruit and turkey. I'm at a loss.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    We've reached the picky stage. At most she will have some fruit, chips, turkey and chicken. No pasta, no eggs, no rice, no potato.

No breakfast - just nursing

No lunch - nursing

Very few bites of dinner - nurse, unless there's chicken.

will snack on fruit and turkey. I'm at a loss.
    have you tried tofu?? lentils/beans? i guess you're not lacking in the protein department though.

it doesn't sound like it's a bad thing though to not have all the starch, right? you bm has enough carbs so maybe she just wants what she's not getting from you?

Just curious -- did she eat a lot more when she was younger? My guy will eat ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you put in front of him, feeds himself and wont miss a drop... but i know this will change at some point. He eats like i've been starving him, by the handful.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

She definitely "tried" a lot more. I guess you're right though. Protein isn't the issue. She does need more fiber I think because there's not enough in the breastmilk to have her regulate her bowel movements. But, I guess she's ok.

"Don't toush da mango"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    She definitely "tried" a lot more. I guess you're right though. Protein isn't the issue. She does need more fiber I think because there's not enough in the breastmilk to have her regulate her bowel movements. But, I guess she's ok.
    i agree with the fiber - there's lots of fiber in fruits right? i made homemade applesauce and that sure regulated him

From the adorable videos i've seen, she looks like she's doing just fine on BM! She's too busy shaking her booty to be bothered by vegetables.
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jbean1979 View Post
    i agree with the fiber - there's lots of fiber in fruits right? i made homemade applesauce and that sure regulated him

From the adorable videos i've seen, she looks like she's doing just fine on BM! She's too busy shaking her booty to be bothered by vegetables.
    Aww. Thanks mama.

"Don't toush da mango"