Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Default Re: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

We'll be feeding bananas today
    Rice cereal=hated it and gagged the whole time (no more cereal, going straight with the REAL food!
    Last edited by @llli*schica; March 2nd, 2010 at 06:59 AM.
    Working mommy to Cat, Nikki, Brandon and baby Lucas
    exclusively for the second time!
    we made it 21 months with previous son and 9 months and counting with Lucas

Gave D some roasted cauliflower last night and he absolutely loved it! He was shoveling it in with both hands.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

The front top and bottom teeth have allowed us to do skin on whole nectarines, plums and peaches. She LOVES it! She spent most of the time invested in biting off pieces, sucking on them and then spitting them out, but she took apart the entire piece of fruit (if not swallowing most of it) each time, and got mad when I took the pit from her.
    "Old" first time ma (38) to Athena (May 17, 09) Oh my G-d, I'm nursing a toddler!!

Hi ladies,
    I'm brand new to the forum but have been watching LLL online threads for a while. My 'little' man turns 8 months on Saturday and I've been nursing him his whole life. He is 23 pounds and loves him some solids. We weren't going to start cereal/fruits/veggies til he hit 6 months but my milk just wasn't filling him up anymore so we started cereal at 4.5 months and solids at 5 months Anyhoo, he's still nursing about 4-5 times a day but he's phasing me out of one of those as I type...so maybe 4 here shortly...I love him to death and have nursed him through 5 rounds of mastitis, milk blebs repeatedly and a scare of thrush early on. He was colicky for the first 2 1/2 months, which (no thanks to the pediatrician) we figured out was due to a dairy sensitivity...so we're stubborn warriors through it all! LOL!
    Anyhoo, I thought I'd check in because he has eaten every fruit and veggie imaginable. Bananas, apples, pears, pineapple, blueberries, plums, pineapple, peaches, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon...green beans, peas, carrots,sweet potatos, potatoes, pumpkin, cauliflower, avocado, corn...the only things we have left to try are strawberries and raspberries, which I'm holding off on for a little bit since they can be allergenic and he has eczema too.

peanut!
    Mommy to L - May 7, 07' , B - February 7, 09' , and R - August 18, 12'

Baby turns 6 mo tomorrow

I confess I'm excited to start trying solids with him. We'll be doing baby led solids and taking it slow using guidelines for starting solids with a food allergy baby because big brother has lots of food allergies.

I bought for baby a Phil & Ted metoo chair that attaches directly to the table. We tried baby in it for the first time last night and he did GREAT sitting up and playing with the toys & spoon & empty bowls for him.

I bought some sweet potatoes - just need to cook them.

It will be interesting to see what happens. We did BLS with DS1, who didn't really eat until he was about 8.5 mo.

Baby seems VERY ready! One big difference is that with DS1 until he started solids we ate dinner after he went to sleep so he didn't have as much exposure to seeing people eat. Baby has been sitting on our laps at dinner for about 3 months so has been getting A LOT of exposure to watching us eat.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

sweet potato!

We put some sweet potato on his place mat this morning and waited to see what would happen ... and his expression when he got some into his mouth was priceless!

Lots of sweet potato went in with lots of happy lip smacking sounds.

baby is 6mo 2d
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Will be 6 months on the 17th. so far... pumpkin, bananas, carrots and today AVOCADO!!!!! He is loving his food!, but he LOVES my boobs even more, and I LOVE him for it. We have been BF for almost HALF a YEAR and going strong, amid much controversy and NO support from family!
    Working mommy to Cat, Nikki, Brandon and baby Lucas
    exclusively for the second time!
    we made it 21 months with previous son and 9 months and counting with Lucas

Strawberries. She seems to like the one piece and reached for another.

Finally ate some rice instead of playing with it.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

FINALLY! We gound something he seems to actually savor! And the winner is Cantalope!!!! He had juice dripping down his chin and he was smiling and making MMMMM sounds while shoveling it in! He has never acted this way with anything so we got really excited Some of the other things he will eat are whole oat toast, mango, banana and peaches.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together