Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Default Re: Solids Thread: What Have You Tried? How Old Is Your LO?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    D had a ball with the avacado last night. I don't think he ate much but he sure had fun smearing it all over himself.
    Lulu had banana in her eyelashes!

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I'm askeered.
    Another skeered-e-cat here with F (8.5 months). Whereas with Seb I let him try everything by this time. For some reason I have been nervous with BLS this time around. And he loves to self feed too. I have a fear that is unexplainable this time. I even took a CPR course recently. So far I have let him have banana pieces, which he threw up once (and scared the heck outta me), organic fruit puffs, peas, rice pasta and some beans last night. I took the skin off the peas and beans. I am coming around slowly.

And he is not a big fan of any purees except for pears and some apples. Hates all veggie purees. He sometimes likes oatmeal.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mothersky View Post
    I was looking for that one! Then I got lazy.
    That's what RG is here for!
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lsksam View Post
    That's what RG is here for!

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

We just tried rice cereal with bm this morning for the first time, and she LOVED it - gobbled it down and looked for more. She has been grabbing food off my plate like mad and opens her mouth whenever I bring a forkful to my mouth, so she was shouting that she was ready.

Next on our list to try over the next few weeks:

avocado
    butternut squash
    carrots
    peas
    green beans

Nessa's 5.5 mos old.
    Anna, mama to baby Nessa born on 4/19/09 at 4 lb 13 oz - now she's 18 lbs!
    Loving cloth diapers
    Know someone with breast cancer in southern California who is struggling financially? We help low-income women with breast cancer.
    194 * * * ****140****135

D crawled over to Nora and snatched her toast off her plate this morning. She was shrieking in the living room and I ran in there right as he was headed toward his mouth with it. I thought (didn't say) geez girl, you can't keep a slow crawling 7 month old with socks on his hands from stealing your toast? what's wrong with you?

It kinda made me sad though. If we weren't dealing with these allergies it wouldn't have been a big deal. I might have even let him taste it. We're gonna have to be super careful with Nora leaving her food around or else not give her food he can't safely steal.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

dd will be 11 mos in a few days... is it too early to try fish? i would like to try, but i always thought it was best to wait until they're 1 yr old...

dd loves broccoli, green beans, sweet potato, string cheese (broken up and softened a little in microwave), ANY MEAT - esp chicken, cottage cheese.

oddly, she doesn't care for fruit much. and avocado, which seems to go over so well with most moms. it's hard for her to pick up b/c it's so slippery, and then she makes a face when she gets it in her mouth and usually it comes back out.
    the best food blog you aren't reading

i'm beth, mama to:

lila, 11/6/08, nursed until 2yrs 10 mos, weaned during pregnancy

-and-

max, 2/16/12, my huge new little nursling

DD is 8 mo. old today. We have tried:

Rice Cereal, Carrots, Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Pears, Apples, Mangoes, Avocadoes, String Cheese, Bananas, Green Beans, Peas, Zucchini (horrible diarrhea, ewww), Peaches, Nectarines, a piece of my wheat pita, and I don't know what else LOL. I make her food at home, so she has gotten a lot of summer fruits which are now frozen. I just bought an eggplant yesterday, so I'll be trying that soon. I also got some different cheese yesterday and I think I'm going to give her some cheerios in a little while and I'm nervous because it is a processed food - what a nut I am...it's just that I have made everything else pretty much, so I control what is in it

Update ~ We tried Cheerios today - she LOVED them! She did not have any issues at all w/them either (choking wise).

It was sooo cute, she tried to put them in her mouth but she kept hitting her chin or just below her nose. One time she got one hanging on her lip, that was pretty darn close! So, I put one in there every few minutes and just let her feed the dogs with the rest - she would smile so big every time she had one - I think she enjoyed the crunchy texture!

DD is 8.5 months old and until the last two weeks, she was probably 98% bf with a little oatmeal and fruit and veggies (pureed or extra soft chunks). Then I just started giving her parts of our meals. So she eats the usual chunks of sweet potato, but also steamed apple and cinnamon, the veggies out of a chicken pot pie, banana (a large piece, they break naturally into the perfect grabbable size - cut banana is hard to hold), shredded cheese... cereal puffs (she LOVES)

I'm going to start with tofu at 9 or 10 mos - I can't remember the recommendation. But she really likes to self feed and it's a great way to work those fine and large motor skills
    I'm Melissa, DD (01/12/2009) weaned at a little over 2 1/2 years