Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I think we're getting there...

Default Re: I think we're getting there...

You are doing a great job, Kelly. I cannot imagine have 2 that close and taking 3 classes. I'm only taking 1 class...buts it a DOOZIE! Speaking of being tired, I need to go grab my baby, nurse her, and go to bed!
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

If you are still keeping up on this post, I just wanted to encourage you that I was/have been in the same boat. I dream fed my lo all summer to keep up my supply and keep her nursing. She is a very active little baby - and when she was cutting teeth over the summer, she'd refuse to nurse or only nurse for a few minutes. I thought we were done during the summer, but now that she is in dc, it's like she enjoys nursing again. At 15.5 mo. she nurses morning, afternoon and before bed with sometimes an occasional snack or early morning 4 a.m. feed. I am happy with this - and I feel like she is getting the milk that she needs. All that to say, stick with it! You never know if she might pick it back up in a month or so - and when they cut more teeth it almost always picks back up for a few days. I love that I can still comfort her with nursing, even if she's not getting as much milk as she used to.

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Thank you for all of the encouragement. I really do love nursing her and was just having a tough moment. I will continue nursing her, even if its just dream feeds. Tonight we actually sat on the couch and she nursed for a good 10 minutes. It was nice.

I hear her in her room shaking the bars to her crib and I have the feeling that I'll be nursing her again real soon. Be careful what you wish for, right
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

You'd be surprised how it changes between 13-15 mo. At 15.5 mo. my baby seems to really understand that nursing is even more about connecting with me than nutrition - and she enjoys her 3-4 sessions a day - and even gets mad if I don't nurse her right away in the morning or when I pick her up. Don't get me wrong, the nutrition is a great benefit, but the older they get, I think the more likely they are to keep nursing, even if it isn't as much you want them to nurse. I'm glad today was better for you!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!