Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela bottles & nipples - styles different than 2 years ago - are they compatible?

Default Medela bottles & nipples - styles different than 2 years ago - are they compatible?

i am looking at the medela bottles and notice the styles and even nipples seem to be different than 2 years ago..

we have this style http://tinyurl.com/ycxpv4n

now the bottles look like this http://tinyurl.com/y9ejqn4

are the old bottles, nipples, discs, etc. compatible with the new ones? we used nuk nipples with the "old" bottles but now it looks like medela has a new "wide based" nipple.

Default Re: Medela bottles & nipples - styles different than 2 years ago - are they compatibl

I think I read that you just need the new adapter rings if you want to use the new medela nipples, so I think you should be able to use your old nipples and rings on the new bottles if you want. Is that what you are wanting to do?

Default Re: Medela bottles & nipples - styles different than 2 years ago - are they compatibl

we have old and new medela bottles. The nuk nipples won't fit on the new tops, the base isn't wide enough. We also found that although the old and new tops seem to fit on the opposite bottle, they tend to leak. We just try to be aware of which top we put where!

I never used NUK nipples....
    But...I have interchanged my old and new Medela bottles for pretty much everything...
    I have even used them on my pump...They work fine for me...

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008