Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Please recommend the best storage (bags)- leaking bag issue!

Default Please recommend the best storage (bags)- leaking bag issue!

Sitter reported that my usual milk storage bags have been leaking lately! They are the Lansinoh brand. Am I doing something wrong? Should I try another brand? If so, which kind do you recommend?
    Lindsay

First time mom to Claire, our April Fools' Day baby!

Hooray for 11 mos and going strong ! I never dreamed I could make it beyond 4-6 months, in the early difficult months! We've made it a year- formula free!

I : I finally gave up : and love being married since 03-05-05!

What a beautiful blessing of God to be able to lovingly nurture your baby in the healthiest way!

Default Re: Please recommend the best storage (bags)- leaking bag issue!

hmmm I used Lansinoh and loved them (also seems to be the informal suggestion from most mothers on here too) are your filling them too high (I'd say 5oz max in each bag) are to squeezing as much air out as possible and hearing the zippers snap together?

You know, I love the Lansinoh bags, too, but this last batch that I used were bad. On probably about a dozen of the bags there was a small hole at the top near the zippers near the edge. Like I said, I had to throw away about a dozen or more out of that package. Check the rest of the bags from that package on the back side of the bag near the top right as you look at the back side. That's where the teeny-tiny holes were on mine.

Now that I have gotten through that package, all are good again. Quality control must have been slacking that day.
    Robin

I thought Lansinoh bags were the best too, and used 100s of them. We did have a few in a row that leaked though. I agree that maybe it was just a quality control problem on that particular day. I wonder if it would do any good to call the company. Those bags aren't cheap! You'd think that if you complained they could hook you up with some free bags if their customer service is any good.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I love the Lansinoh bags too but I just had a bad batch that wouldn't seal (8-10 out of the 100's I've used and will use in the future). I called them to tell them about it and they are sending me a free box and a self adressed envelope to send them some of the damaged bags back. No fuss or anything, she just said she was sorry and took my address to send me some replacements. They were very nice. Try letting them know the problem you are having they may replace your bags. You never know.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

... using the Medela ones w/no problems.. but they were all bought by my baby shower people so I haven't had to actually purchase anything storage wise yet.

I also use the Lansinoh brand & love them. No problems at all. maybe you got a bad batch?

I use the Gerber Seal N Go which have been great. I did get some Lansinoh and was not a big fan b/c they leaked on me too. Plus Gerber were cheaper!