Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: those darn BF'ing hormones!

Default those darn BF'ing hormones!

OMG, I can't believe what I just did. I BF DD down for her nap (she had a busy day and was worn out enough to go down for a change!). I swear any time DD BF's for an extended time (longer than 5 minutes these days), those BF'ing hormones make me super relaxed and sleepy and a bit spacy.

I got up from BF'ing thinking I needed to take out one of my contact lenses and put some solution on it because it had dried out some and went into the bathroom carrying my drink (Diet Coke). I set the Diet Coke next to my contact solution by the sink, took out my contact lens, and the next thing I notice, I'm pouring Diet Coke over my contact! I swear, BF'ing seems to make me do things with half a brain sometimes! It seems like the effects I feel from the oxytonin get stronger as DD gets older too (DD is 21 months).
    Cheryl

Mommy to Tessa Noelle 12/14/07

Default Re: those darn BF'ing hormones!

it's mommy brain, I still have it and both my children have weaned.

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

That sounds like something I'd do!
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

Last week I tried and tried to take my right contact out and it was hurting and then I noticed that the contact lenses were already in the case! Apparently I had taken them out BEFORE I nursed Lilah to sleep.

DH always makes fun of me that BF DS has made me have the opposite of PPD, like PPElation or something. He compares me to "Brick" in the movie Anchorman....I love lamp...I love chair..."Is there anything you DONT love honey?" Love that oxytocin!!

Emily, mommy to
    Jeremija Charles - 5/30/07 - nursed 26 mo, and
    Aleksandar Hayes - 12/13/09 - nursing strong!

"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you are going to do now and do it." - William Durant

If you really want to do something, you'll find a way, if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

OHHH I can't wait to have the BF hormones back! I miss those sleepy happy feelings.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Actually laughing out loud at my desk at work...they must think I'm crazy here! I get like that. The "love" feeling. It's the most awesome natural high feeling, better than "sex" high. I love it!
    Carie

Wife to Jimmy 8/14/09

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth born 8/12/08
    Birth weight: 9lbs 1oz 20"
    2 months: 12lbs 10oz 23 1/2"
    4 months: 16lbs 6oz 26"
    6 months: 19lbs 14oz 27 1/2"
    9 months: 23lbs 3oz 30 1/2"
    12 months: 26lbs 13oz 36"

We made it to a year and we're still going strong

Working &

Brick! I get spacey too. And thristy. DH doesn't even wait for me to ask anymore, he just brings me a glass of water when I sit down to nurse.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

lol - I'm convinced that the reason breastfeeding makes babies smart is because the milk is made out of mom's braincells :-)
    Partner to Shrike since 1998, Mama to Peeper born 10/27/08 (@ 36 weeks)
    anytime, anywhere, and baby led since 6 months
    lovin' our cloth and I'm probably right now

All the details - gory and otherwise on my blog: http://whozatshrike.blogspot.com
    Lucy & Ethel Have a Baby: The Adventures of Shrike & Whozat (& Peeper!)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*whozat View Post
    lol - I'm convinced that the reason breastfeeding makes babies smart is because the milk is made out of mom's braincells :-)
    This has GOT to be true!! I used to be so smart (graduated w/4.0) but now...not so much.

But at least I'm not alone! You guys are craking me up!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens