Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is night feedings ok at 14months??

Default Re: Is night feedings ok at 14months??

My LO is 23 months + a couple days. She still wakes almost hourly to nurse (co-sleeping here, too). I'm so exhausted after 23 months, though! LOL! SOOO tired! I'm starting trying to nightwean.

Keep up the good work, mama! Wish you a lot of energy to keep it up, especially w/ 5 kiddos! You rock!

Mine is 15 mo. and although she just started completely sleeping through the night about a mo. ago - she still wakes up sometimes due to teething or illness. In fact, last week, I spent three nights in a row sleeping on a mattress with her in her room (we don't co-sleep at this point). Anyway, your baby sounds totally normal. I work full time and actually LOVED co-sleeping with my baby when she was younger. Aside from feeling like a zombie from lack of sleep (LOL) I actually really enjoyed the night feeding because I was away from her all day. I never mentioned it to anyone and no one ever asked.

You are a super star mom to raise 5 kiddos!!!! Sounds like you really care about your baby and that's what matters...

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    My 11 month old sleeps with us and nurses all night. It's actually how we are biologically designed but societal expectations have changes that. Think about apes and how they are attached to mama for so long.

www. kathydettwyler.org/detsleepthrough.html

If it works for both of you don't change it.
    DD1 slept with us until she was 2 and a half and even though she was night weaned, she still woke up several times a night until she was about 2yo.

DD2 sleeps with us now, she's 8mo and I don't even think about how many times I nurse her at night and she wakes up every 1/2 hour or so when she's teething. Last night she woke up only 3 times, I had 4 hours of straight sleep!!

I think it's my job to care for them even if that means waking up and being tired all day. These days will pass, don't worry, you'll find yourself worried about your teenager waking up at noon

I can personally attest to having a teenager who sleeps until noon!

DD is 3 months old and we are already getting the question, "How long are you planning to nurse?"

I can't imagine what people will be saying in a year, but I'm pretty sure that I'll tell them what I tell people now -- that DD will be nursed as long as she wants to be!

Yes, it's your "fault" she nightnurses, just like it's your fault she feels loved and cared for and receives wonderful nutrition!
    Holly
    Proud momma of Lily 06-13-2009

I still nurse at night too and have a 12 mo old.
    ~ Theresa
    wife to Mike and mommy to Clara (9-5-08) 2 years and going strong!!

Another night nursing toddler here Mama!

Roxie wakes usually 3-4 times a night. Often she just latches on and falls asleep before the letdown.. With teething or illness, sometimes it's much more, but I don't mind it. She'll be all grown up before I know it, so I'm savouring every cuddle.

ETA: she's 15 mos old, BTW.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

night nursing 18 month old here
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

I am still nursing my 20 months old . I am away full day at work & that's our "special" time. Although I am dead tired (she wakes up 2-3 times a night), wont trade it for anything else!

Night nursing at 2 1/2 here. It's okay if it's okay with you and your little one. Follow your heart and your child's cues, and you will never go wrong with nursing, day or night.
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb