Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yogurt??

Default Yogurt??

So my little man is almost 8 months and I was wondering if he can have yogurt yet? and if so why can they have yogurt but not regular milk.. I am not planning on activly giving him any milk I was just curious.. I was looking in my baby food book and alot of the recipies are made with yogurt and also eggs. which I thought they couldn't have.. So I am being lazy and asking you guys before I put alot of time and effort into this thought...

Also I saw in the super market these yougurt/veggie baby food and I was thinking abolut getting some when we travel.. I make all my baby food but when we goto my MIL's I like to have some extra stuff that is fast and I pack the stuff I make too.. Ok my ramble is over...
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Default Re: Yogurt??

When Nora was 8 mos her ped recommended yogurt when she put her on abx. I asked about the dairy thing and she said the process of making the yogurt broke the proteins down so they were less likely to react. I still watched for a reaction but she did fine with it. I think cheese is the same way.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks Paige. I was seriously thinking about this at 3 am this morning.. why I don't know.. but it was bothering me..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

check dr sears' web site he has good info about yogurt and when to introduce it.

If the yogurt process breaks down the proteins, would it be the same for the mom eating yogurt if her LO has a dairy protien intolerance (not allergy)?

Can a 6 month old eat yogurt? or is that too soon?

Good thread

fyi..I started a thread in Commonalities for these kind of questions. That way we don't have to start a new thread for each question
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

We started at 9mos...
    And if DS eats nothing all day - since he's such a picky eater...He WILL eat his yogurt....He loves it.

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

We have always waited until 9 mos to introduce yogurt and cheese. Avery LOVES her yogurt!
    ~Jaden Mae 04-05-06~
    --Self-weaned at 21 months--
    ~Avery Lynne 11-27-08~
    --Self-weaned at 23 months--
    ~Elise June 02-12-11~
    --Nursing like a champ--

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*marcie.lynne View Post
    We have always waited until 9 mos to introduce yogurt and cheese. Avery LOVES her yogurt!
    and my Avery does too.. so I gave Wade a little well Avery did today. he hates it so far..L0L I told her not to feed the baby her lunch anymore and she got very upset at me..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

sorry but did you get a new keyboard? lol
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.