Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Producing milk for someone else's premature baby

Default Re: Producing milk for someone else's premature baby

With the baby born at 27 weeks, I think she will have at least 4-6 weeks to get her supply going. I have never heard of a premie that young going home in a month an a half. Odds are, she will have 2 to 3 months minimum before the hospital cuts them off.

Good luck momma, and I hope you are getting lots of support from the hospital staff and LCs. I think it is crazy that the hospital would withhold a life-saving substance like that, just because the baby wouldn't get it at home.

Default Re: Producing milk for someone else's premature baby

[QUOTE=@llli*ladydilee;788499]With the baby born at 27 weeks, I think she will have at least 4-6 weeks to get her supply going. I have never heard of a premie that young going home in a month an a half. Odds are, she will have 2 to 3 months minimum before the hospital cuts them off.QUOTE]

I think she said the LO was born four and half weeks ago so she may not have that much time.
    What area of the country are you in Mama? Maybe someone can provide more info about the milk share in your area.
    Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )