Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I"m ready...

Default Re: I think I"m ready...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*airportmom View Post
    Momma - I'm feeling you....
    I'm in that situation now....DS will be a year in October and I really would love to get rid of the pump....Let us know how things go...
    I will. I still haven't set my goal date to quit. I don't know why I"m having such a hard time with it.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I'm doing it. I didn't pump at all during or after work yesterday. I woke up pretty engorged, but Rose was able to drain everything this morning and I have no plugged ducts.

Now should I pump a little before bed so I don't wake up so engorged, or just continue not to pump. I'm fine with the idea of Rose not getting breastmilk when Im gone, I just don't want to wake up like I did this morning.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

I don't really know the answer, but I think you might be ok if you just don't pump at all, or only a little bit to relieve engorgement.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Glad it's going well. What does it say about me that even pump weaning stories make me sad?
    I know! I am having such a hard time with it. DH keeps reminding me that I"m just weaning from the pump and not all together, but it still makes me sad.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommy2lilah View Post

I don't really know the answer, but I think you might be ok if you just don't pump at all, or only a little bit to relieve engorgement.
    I think I'm going to try and skip pumping again tonight.

Rose is almost 14 months, and I think that she is doing great with solids when I'm not around. I'm still 100% dedicated to continuing to nurse when we are together!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    I know! I am having such a hard time with it. DH keeps reminding me that I"m just weaning from the pump and not all together, but it still makes me sad.
    As you already know, I feel the same way. Silly. But I think it's a sign of them growing up a little bit and not needing us as much.

As you already know, I feel the same way. Silly. But I think it's a sign of them growing up a little bit and not needing us as much.
    Exactly. s to you to mamma!

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

I think you might be ok if you just don't pump at all, or only a little bit to relieve engorgement.
    This is what I was going to suggest too... don't pump, if you can avoid it, or just pump a little off the top, enough to relieve engorgement and to avoid clogged ducts. That way your body will stop getting the message to produce milk during that time.

I know how you feel... although pumping was a PITA for me, I was STILL kinda sad about quitting, mostly because it was another sign that my baby was growing up and didn't need my milk during the day anymore. However, once I was finally done pumping, it was so AWESOME! To have the convenience of just nursing when we're together and not worry about pumping, and washing pump parts, and storing milk and all that was so freeing. Although soon I will get my chance to start the pumping madness all over again!!!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    This is what I was going to suggest too... don't pump, if you can avoid it, or just pump a little off the top, enough to relieve engorgement and to avoid clogged ducts. That way your body will stop getting the message to produce milk during that time.

I know how you feel... although pumping was a PITA for me, I was STILL kinda sad about quitting, mostly because it was another sign that my baby was growing up and didn't need my milk during the day anymore. However, once I was finally done pumping, it was so AWESOME! To have the convenience of just nursing when we're together and not worry about pumping, and washing pump parts, and storing milk and all that was so freeing. Although soon I will get my chance to start the pumping madness all over again!!!
    You sure will!

Rose didin't nurse as much as she usually does before I left for work yesterday, so I'll be sure to have her try and get a good session in. This will probably help the engorgement.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    You sure will!

Rose didin't nurse as much as she usually does before I left for work yesterday, so I'll be sure to have her try and get a good session in. This will probably help the engorgement.
    Yep, that should help... or as another thought... not sure if Rose STTN or not, but when you get home from work you could try to "dream feed" her, get her to nurse a little in her sleep to help with the engorgement. Although if she's a light sleeper you might not want to disturb her...
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.