Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: just need to vent...

Default just need to vent...

So, my MIL watches DS while I work 3 days a week. I'm not happy about it - don't particularly like her, but whatever.

When I'm trying to get my stuff ready in the morning, she just wants to talk and talk about people that I don't know (and don't really care about), and it distracts me from what I am doing.

So this morning, 9am I pull my pump out at my desk and start getting everything hooked up and I find that I don't have my shields/horns/whatever you want to call them!.... ugh... Thanks a lot...

Since I'm only working part time, I really can't go back home, so I decide to run to Babies R Us about 2 miles away. Unfortunately, they don't open until 9:30 (15 minutes), so I go to Target about a 1/2 mile from BRU.

Thank God that I use the Large size because that was all they had.

And when I checked out, their coupon machine gave me a coupon for formula... seriously?!?!?!

Ugh... Not a great way to start the week...

Thanks for listening!

Default Re: just need to vent...

That deserves an

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mammaof2 View Post
    That deserves an
    And a

Sorry your day has been such a bummer so far!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I don't really care for my MIL either. She complains that she doesn't ever see my DD, however never makes time to see her or offers to take her! Unbelievable! The one time she watched her, every time she fussed, she stuck a bottle in her mouth. Hello...trying playing with her or taking her for a walk! Sorry...been a bad day so far!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    And a

Sorry your day has been such a bummer so far!
    Hope it's getting better!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Do we have the same MIL???
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Sorry it's been a rough day!
    I'm Shannon!
    Single, babywearing, barefoot in the grass mama to 3 wonderful babies!
    Abby 11-25-03
    Terry 9-29-06
    Kate 6-12-08
    and my Jack 11-17-02, gone to God at 11 weeks

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."

"I am going to be happy today, though the skies may be cloudy or gray. No matter what comes my way, I am going to be happy today."

I'm sorry! I swear it's generational. My MIL is always telling me to call up members of her congregation for random things. I'm like I don't know these people and that is awkward. And then telling a story and getting hung up on remembering someone's name "her name was....hmmm...betty...yes it was Betty. Betty, what was her last name? Smith? I think Betty Smith...or maybe it was..." just tell the story already. I don't care about people's names.

And Target for giving you a formula coupon when you buy breast pump parts. I'm glad you found the right size horn. Our Target only has the standard size.

Wow... it is SO nice to know I'm not alone! Sometimes a girl just needs a little support!

We're in the middle of a massive storm right now, which kinda stinks, but once I get home, I will have a great reason to put on my PJ's and snuggle with my sweet boy!

Thanks a bunch ladies!!