Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump recommendations?

Default Pump recommendations?

Is there a spot on here where they are compared? I've been renting Medela's Symphony for 2 months and need to find a new one in the next few days (before it's due again). Any suggestions of what to buy?

I never intended to pump at all, but I've had lots problems with pain and have been both pumping and bf. My hope is to eventually be excl bf. However, I'm honestly not sure I will ever get there. It's been over 9 weeks now. I thought by this point I would be excl bf which is why I rented a pump in the beginning. It was only supposed to be for a few days. I'm only nursing about twice a day right now, but once again trying to increase it. I have a hand pump, but that's not going to work for as much as I need it right now. I'm torn on how much I should spend, b/c I want to excl bf, so I don't want to have to use it long, but I could also see myself having to move to pumping excl sometime soon. What would you buy?

TIA!

Default Re: Pump recommendations?

I'd definitely get a double electric either medela or ameda. You might like medela better since you've been using that brand and maybe you can still used all your flanges and other parts.

I don't think that there is anywhere that they are compared on here. Although if you search for the brand your looking at there's probably a lot of info on it. We've had a lot of talk about the Freestyle here lately.

Have you seen this link about getting baby back to the breast? http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...to-breast.html

Default Re: Pump recommendations?

Great kellymom link!

Re pumps, I had both a Medela PISA and a Freestyle, and I would hands down get the Freestyle - I think it's a great pump. They have a great price on Medela pumps at bestbuybaby.com.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png