Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: PISA vs. Lactina?

Default PISA vs. Lactina?

I've been using a Medela PISA since June and like it, but wanted to try to increase my milk supply, so I've decided to rent a pump from the hospital (I pick it up tomorrow). Unfortunately, they do not have the Medela Symphony...bummer...so I'm going to rent the Medela Lactina. Has anyone used both the PISA and the Lactina and have any opinions on performance, etc. How do they compare? Is the Symphony better than the Lactina? Any thoughts, opinions, etc. would be appreciated! Thanks!

Default Re: PISA vs. Lactina?

The Lactina actually has stronger vacuum rating than the PISA or the Symphony, even though the Symphony is also a hospital grade pump. (The PISA and the Symphony are the same rating)

I have used the PISA, but actually bought a Lactina because it worked out better for me personally. Good luck!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

OH! Well that is good news! For some reason, I was under the impression that the Symphony was a better pump than the Lactina. I appreciate the information!

Another question, not sure if I am looking at the right pump - I went onto Amazon.com and the Symphony over $1,000, but the Lactina seemed VERY inexpensive...under $100...am I missing something?? Maybe I was looking at the wrong pump?

Never mind...I was looking at the system kit only!

I have a PISA at home and I have a Lactina at work through my company's pumping program. They both work equally well for me, and I think the PISA may work a little better. The Lactina I have is an old one so it only has one speed setting, and I have to keep the suction on the minimum level or it hurts. I like the two speed action of the PISA... and still keep it on a pretty low setting.

The Symphony also has a two speed action like the PISA. I haven't used the Lactina, but I really liked the Symphony two speed.

Thank you for all of your responses. I picked up the Lactina from the hospital today and am excited to try it tonight. It's funny what excites me these days...