Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How is this supposed to work!?

Default How is this supposed to work!?

I'm trying to use a lact-aid (home-made version). I think bottles are our worst enemy at the moment. He just LOVES his bloomin' bottle so much.
    I just can't co-ordinate the baby, the bottle and tube and the nipple shield all at once! Then the tube comes out of his mouth, the nipple shield falls off, the baby cries, the bottle falls over..... advice?
    I just want to get him off the bottles, i've got enough milk that he should only need 2/3 formula. I'm sick of expressing and wish he would just feed properly.

Default Re: How is this supposed to work!?

hey there, no advice but i wanted you to know that you are not alone. i tried this too and ended up giving up. i just get a sns so i will start using that once i get a nipple shield (i "lost" mine... or rather i think my mom threw it out since she HATES the idea of me breastfeeding....)

I would reccomend getting an SNS! That would be sooo much easier!

I've tried an SNS, and it is easier but I could only hire it for a week. There is no where else that hires them in this corner of the world. They're also really expensive to buy... we just can't afford it. i just wish the little guy would be more willing to suck. It would make life so much easier.