Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping drop this week...

Default Pumping drop this week...

I'm having a hard time pumping enough milk this week. I think it may be because Lilah was sick last week and didn't nurse very much during the day, but I was behind by 3 ounces yesterday and seem to be headed that way today as well. I have plenty in the freezer to supplement with, but it just worries me.

Anyone else experience this? I've changed my valves & membranes so that's not it. I'm worried that I won't be able to get it back up to the regular amount
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Default Re: Pumping drop this week...

Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

have you gotten AF (your period) back yet? sounds like the kind of drop i had about 3 days before I started... and I came right back up DON'T pump any LESS that is crucial if anything pump a little more.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Haven't gotten my period back yet, hopefully that's not happening soon. I have quite enjoyed not having it for so long.

Yesterday I actually added a pumping session and was only able to get 9 ounces across all 4 sessions and today I am behind as well. I've never had this problem before, I usually pump more than she eats, so it's kind of throwing my confidence.

Thanks for the responses and the link
    Tracie

Mommy to

how long ago did you return to work? almost exactly a month after I returned to work is when I got my first AF back
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I've been back at work for about 8 months. I was thinking that it is probably related to the sickness - she didn't really want to nurse for a couple days and I got pretty engorged a couple times and didn't pump when she wasn't eating. So, either I just need to get through this week, pump as much as I can and then nurse nurse nurse Friday to Sunday,

OR my period may be returning because she didn't nurse very much from last Thursday to Saturday. She nurses almost all night though, so I was hoping that would put my period off. Oh well. If it comes back I won't be wondering all the time if I should be taking pregnancy tests. Less money wasted on pee sticks
    Tracie

Mommy to

ah ha, yeah when they are sick and not nursing but you are a working mom you kind of need to pump to keep up the schedule IME, but it's not irreversible, like Eme said you'll get it back, just pump extra and your body will get the signals
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Uggh. It's worse today! I am going to pump every two hours. This sucks.
    Tracie

Mommy to

Yay! Back to normal. Stupid thing - needed to go down a size on each side in shields. The ladies have been feeling a bit floppier lately, so I guess that was the problem.

What a relief. I was getting so discouraged.
    Tracie

Mommy to