Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: where to find glass storage containers?

Default where to find glass storage containers?

Hi all,

I am returning to work in about 4 weeks and have started pumping to get a supply. I have read that it is best to freeze breastmilk in glass containers. However, I have been unable to find any small glass breastmilk storage containers. I looked several places on the internet and have been unable to find any. Does anyone know of any types or brands of glass breast milk storage containers?

Otherwise, if I have to use plastic, are there any specific brands or types of container that works best?

Thanks much!

Default Re: where to find glass storage containers?

target has glass bottles you might have to order them online.

lots of moms use plastic bags and then transfer the milk to bottles as needed.
    That way you don't need lots of bottles.
    Get bags that are made for breast milk.

Would glass crack in the freezer??? I used the lansinoh bags then transferred to bottles for feeding. They were great and didn't take up a lot of room.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I store homemade pesto in canning jars in the freezer with no problem- they haven't cracked yet! If nothing else, you could get 4-oz canning jars. Not ideal, but they would do in a pinch. I'm not crazy about using plastic for freezing EBM either.
    "My heart, which is so full to overflowing, has often been solaced and refreshed by music when sick and weary."
    -Martin Luther