Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: How to get more food into ME?

Default How to get more food into ME?

Hello all,
    I haven't posted in a long time, but things have been pretty smooth. Last month I came down with a really really nasty stomach bug. We nursed through it, but that was tough. I still can't seem to get back to eating enough to keep myself feeling well. Any good ideas on sneaking more healthy calories into my day?
    Thanks

Default Re: How to get more food into ME?

Not only are avocados a great first food for babies, they are a wonderful one for moms! It will give you the calories, fat and energy that you need, not to mention they are absurdly yummy! I only wish I had your problem- I still have a few baby pounds to take off !!

hard boiled eggs or string cheese are easy to have on hand and quick high protein snacks

make or buy smoothies where you can grab one to drink while you sit down to nurse.
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

I always find that if I have foods prepared ahead of time I will go for those instead of snack foods. Would having little containers of fruit or veggies (like already cut up melon) ready to go in the fridge so when it is time to nurse you could easily and quickly get something? I know in my house the stuff that is easily accessible is what goes the fastest. Like mentioned in a pp; cheese or yogurt can also be a good quick grab. I learned a trick from a friend for yogurt - before you open it give it a good shake and use a straw through the lid! It would be very easy to have while nursing that way.
    Mommy to DM 6/21/06 and YR 4/9/08 30 months and counting

Last time I was sick I couldn`t stand food, but was weak and knew I needed nourishment. I ended up getting a case of Glucerna (a meal replacement drink) and it worked great, I made myself take little sips at a time and I got my strength and appetite back in no time.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.

with pps...I was coming to suggest avocado and smoothies.
    Mama of two precious girls
    DD1 born 23 July 2008 and
    DD2 born 14 January 2010