Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Take Your Baby to Work?

Default Take Your Baby to Work?

Anyone else here do it? How do you get things done? Do you ever deduct time from your timesheet to make up for baby care? Does your baby distract your co-workers?

I have been bringing my daughter to work - I work in a bookstore. My customers love it, my co-workers love it, but it is hard to get my work done with so many people admiring my extra social baby! I wear her and lay her on a mat or in the pack n'play on long days, husband picks her up most days after a couple of hours... Just wondering what arrangements other people might have. I don't know anyone who is able to get away with what I am doing right now.

Default Re: Take Your Baby to Work?

I am a therapist so obviously, I can't take my son with me on the days that I am conducting sessions. However, I do take him with me some days when I am just doing paperwork and it does distract me a bit, but at the same time knowing that he is right there with me makes it worth the extra time it takes me to get my paperwork done. I do have some co-workers near by but they never seem bothered when he comes in. They usually come in my office and take turns holding him and having fun with him.

Proud Vegetarian Momma

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*eris View Post
    Anyone else here do it? How do you get things done? Do you ever deduct time from your timesheet to make up for baby care? Does your baby distract your co-workers?

I have been bringing my daughter to work - I work in a bookstore. My customers love it, my co-workers love it, but it is hard to get my work done with so many people admiring my extra social baby! I wear her and lay her on a mat or in the pack n'play on long days, husband picks her up most days after a couple of hours... Just wondering what arrangements other people might have. I don't know anyone who is able to get away with what I am doing right now.
    What does your manager/superviser say about it?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    What does your manager/superviser say about it?

I don't have a supervisor really. It was the owner's and my co-workers idea to let me do it in the first place, but without any idea of structure really on their parts. It's been kind of evolving as I go along - and since daycare is so hard to find out here, and I just love having her with me anyway, I am loving it. I just know it can't probably go on for much longer, especially with the busy fall season coming. My baby doesn't fuss much, so that part isn't a problem. The biggest problem is how much attention everyone other than me is giving her!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*eris View Post
    I don't have a supervisor really. It was the owner's and my co-workers idea to let me do it in the first place, but without any idea of structure really on their parts. It's been kind of evolving as I go along - and since daycare is so hard to find out here, and I just love having her with me anyway, I am loving it. I just know it can't probably go on for much longer, especially with the busy fall season coming. My baby doesn't fuss much, so that part isn't a problem. The biggest problem is how much attention everyone other than me is giving her!
    But has your boss said anything about all the attention?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    But has your boss said anything about all the attention?
    A couple of times in passing. She is a passive agressive type, so she won't ever directly mention it.