Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: i am starting work in a week and i need help with pumping

Default i am starting work in a week and i need help with pumping

i have to start work next sunday, and i need to pump milk so my mom can feed him while i am gone.

my son is 5 weeks old, and the main problem is that he will eat 5 ounces in a feeding and STILL be hungry.
    so i will feed him, and then wait an hour or so and then pump and the most i can get an hour after feeding is 1-2 ounces, so i would literally have to pump all day every day in order to have enough for my mom to feed him those 3 days im at work.

people have suggested feeding him on one side and pumping from the other, so i tried that and he doesnt get full off one side at all. if i pump an hour after the first feeding in the morning, i can get 5 oz, but still thats only enough for one feeding while im at work, and my mom will need to feed him 3 times! i dont have that many days!!

i need help...

Default Re: i am starting work in a week and i need help with pumping

All you reallly have to worry about is pumping enough to save up for the FIRST day you are gone. Then you can pump for the second day, while you are at work on the first day.

Proud Vegetarian Momma

bump!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*isaiahsmommy View Post
    All you reallly have to worry about is pumping enough to save up for the FIRST day you are gone. Then you can pump for the second day, while you are at work on the first day.
    You will only need to save up for that first day. The rest will come when you pump at work. That's what I do, when I pick up my son from my SIL, I leave the milk I pumped at work that day for the next day. What kind of work do you do? Can you pump every few hours? I just noticed that you posted this a few days ago. Do you start monday? Good luck mama! You can do this! Don't give up!
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together