Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to be a good pumper today....

Default Trying to be a good pumper today....

I'm sitting here pumping at 7:30am even though I am beyond tired at the moment. I laid back down to go to sleep and then thought, 'hmm... I should probably pump...' so up I got... Oh well, I hate pumping (especially when supply has dropped so much from not pumping) but it's worth it in the end...

Hope all is good with everyone else!!

Default Re: Trying to be a good pumper today....

Okay, so I pumped for a half hour at 7:30am... Just washed pump parts and am setting up to pump again... It's going to be a looooong day... lol.

I hope I'll be able to keep this up today! I'm going to pump and then lay down while DH is home so that I can pump at least once before he goes to work. Then, if I can't get in anymore pumping times for a few hours, it's okay..

So, this will make pumping time #2. I'll probably try nursing DS later too, once DH goes to work.

Oh well, at least it's rainy and cold today so we kinda have to stay in... LOL!

Thanks ladies! I'll keep ya'll posted!

ETA: It might help to add the time... It's 9:28am.

DS nursed again for about 1 min.... 10 sucks or so. I don't think it was enough to get milk but hopefully him sucking is doing something... If anything, he's learning!

Yay me!!!!! Twice already, exactly 2 hours apart. DH is leaving for work soon so I know that it won't be exactly 2 hours every time but I plan to cluster pump whenever DS goes to sleep and hope and try for every 2 hours and def every 2 hours tonight. I'm going to bed whenever DS does tonight (probably between 6 and 7) and planning to wake every 3 hours through the night to pump. I have some serious making up to do (2.5 weeks without pumping... eek!) and supply has totally dropped and it sucks... But it'll come back! I'm no longer stressing over it and finally DS is learning how to nurse again. I have such a wonderful baby!

Will update later!

3 pumpings down! Yahoo!

Well, I almost made it to perfect every 2 hours pumping!

DS was fussy so the 4th pumping is a little behind... Oh well! Better late than not at all, right?

Keep it up, Felicia!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Thanks Molly! I'm trying! Working on that 4th pumping right now... 1 1/2 hours late! Oh well!

wow you sound like me the other day... but i just couldnt seem to keep at it yesterday and now i am back at work so...

Yikes! Whew... Long day! I am 4 pumpings down, getting ready to work on the 5th one now. DS just cut his 2nd tooth and it's been he$$! He hasn't wanted to sleep anywhere except in a wrap, which normally would be fine but I can't pump with him on my front! I haven't mastered back carries alone yet so I didn't even try!

I plan to pump, eat some dinner and then head to bed super early so I can wake up every 2-3 hours tonight. I have got a lot of work to do to get my supply back! It's down to like nothing! GRRR! I should get some domperidone tomorrow (thank you sooo much Shanda!!) and I plan on starting that on Saturday...

I'll update ya'll later when I get up to pump. Thanks for all the support ladies! Good night!

I hope everyone is well!

Good night, Felicia! If it makes you feel any better, I am not going to get much sleep tonight either-working late and then Eva wakes me up at about 1 and 4 am.
    Keep up the good work, but don't wear yourself out, okay?

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on