Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abrupt weaning, any success stories?

Smile Re: Abrupt weaning, any success stories?

Paige....I must first thank you for your brilliant position idea!! I was getting a bout a morning sickness today...and was terrified to feed her...hubby played with her for a couple of hours after she woke up, and then 9:30/10:00 rolled around and it was time for her nurse/nap.. So I was laying down and hubby laid her next to me but upside down..and she latched right on! And it hurt only a tiny bit in the beginning, and then it was virtually pain-free! Oh I was so ecstatic...I was actually able to doze off for once while she was nursing I'm thrilled! Even when she unlatched herself, I didn't feel anything! Now obviously out in public..that wouldn't work out so well But at home...I hope this stays a success! I just have to make sure she doesn't put a wound on the other side now~ thank you...thank you...thank you, and I hope the wound continues to heal!
    And thanks everyone for the love!
    sixyearplan~ Ok..so I am trying to envision this standing and leaning...now would I be leaning forward while she is standing and I am standing too? You said something about leaning back, I'm trying to figure this one out!
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

Smile Re: Abrupt weaning, any success stories?

Ahhh thank you, I will give that one a shot as well! I have great news...wounds are healing! It is really all thanks to the upside down position, it's really an awkward position, and still a little painful, but toucheS NOWHERE NEAR the pain I went through those first couple of weeks...I am really really REALLY TREMENDOUSLY GRATEFUL...it has saved our BF relationship (for the time being anyway! )
    Thank you Paige and EVERYONE who chimed in with good words, it is very very appreciated! Annabella thanks you
    We just and I am non-stop and we have always and now we are finding our groove with I can't believe it, but I am also and there's alot of going on with Annabella. This mama couldn't be more grateful for the two most important loves of her life, and my natural ability to instinctively follow my heart according to what I later learned as "Attachment Parenting"

Gave birth to a beautiful little girl Annabella

9-25-08

Gave birth to a second beautiful little baby girl Brynleigh

4-30-10

Default Re: Abrupt weaning, any success stories?

I just checked in, sorry I missed it before. I'm so glad to hear things are getting better! A little better every day and before you know it you'll be back to normal.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous